BSH Billet Pendelum Mount Review

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
America !!!! Fuck yeah !!!

As soon as I opened the box, I was blown away by the craftsmanship
CNC'd out of a billet, this piece is a thing of beauty
Its a shame its under the car where it won't be seen

Click the image for a high resolution version

Comes with all necessary hardware. It includes the washer to compress the poly bushing that the VF mount lacks, which has caused some VF bushings to fail.

here is a link to excellent instructions provided by BSH
http://www.bshspeedshop.com/instructions/MKV_Pendulum_Mount.pdf

Driving impressions:
Engine movement is reduceded greatly. You feel more connected to the car. Wheel hop is all but gone. There are no additional cabin vibrations. This will be a great addition to any mkV. Less engine movement means less power is wasted, and the torque can be put to the tires instead of being lost in engine movement. Bottom line, this lets you put the power down. A must have for any chipped car.

Here is the old POS cast aluminum mount

Here is the new BSH Billet Pendelum Mount installed, click the pic for a high resolution version.

GolfRS

Banned
Looks really nice.

I'm thinking of getting one, and i already have other mount mods (which have failed twice BTW...)

Which washer does the VF mount lack?

I installed a torque insert and bought the screw from a dealer. There was a washer on the screw that I couldn't take off, so I dremeled it off. Figured that since there was the huge washer the screw didn't need it.

Which washer do you mean? I'm talking about the one on the thickest bolt, the one that goes into the dogbone mount insert (big half-cylinder thing). I cut that one off when I installed mine.

07Noside

Banned
^ I just installed my BSH mount today in place of my old VF full replacement mount and I can say there is an honest difference! I used to have issues with banging into 3rd at high rpms. Caused me a few mis shifts at the track last year. With this guy installed I was just out literally rowing through gears@7k rpms with no hassle! Great Job from BSH! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

crew219

Banned

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr

SimonSaysGTI

Ready to race!
Driving impressions:
There are no additional cabin vibrations.

no vibration, really? I had a VF pendulum mount on my MK IV and the car vibrated tremendously. It was so bad I ended up taking it off since it irritated me so much. It wasn't a slight addition of vibration at idle but everywhere. You could watch the steering wheel move up and down with the vibration and you got a free massage with every drive, though it was a bad one. I had heard that the addition of mounts did not cause vibration before, is it that the MKV is such a stiffer chassis?

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I love mine! :thumbsup:

My VF mount didnt come with the washer. The washer in question is the shiny aluminum piece between the tall and short bolts in the top left of the second image. Because mine never came with it, the bushings quickly failed. Nothing catastrophic (but still possible something could have happened), just annoying.

The mount is very easy to install. Much easier than the VF imo. The VF took me a long time for everything to line up. For the BSH, everything just went into place and it took me no more than 5 minutes of actual work. Check the directions for the tools you need. Just make sure you support the motor with a jack when you are under there or you will have very bad things happen.

ChefMkV, where in MD are you?