GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Screaching Noise (Video)

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Driving home from WaWa I noticed this noise when I got about half way home. I didn't hit any pop holes or anything that could damage my car. It sounds like the brake cylinder is locked up but I'm not sure.

The reason why I'm bringing this up with you guys is because my dealership will charge me a ton of money for the smallest problems, so I've learned how to do everything myself. I'm new to brakes though.

What could be the problem and what would be the price range to fix this?

Thanks for any info.

*40k miles and never had the brakes changed.*

-----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZGb9b8pg8Y :iono:

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
My guess, something flew up from the road and is lodged between dust cover and rotor. It happens. Jack the car up and spin each wheel to find culprit.

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
Thanks so much guys. You were both right. There was a perfect sized pebble stuck in there. All fixed!

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
When it comes time to change all 4 rotors and brake pads. My friend works at a shop and said he could get me all 4 rotors and brake pads for $170. Is that a good deal?

dubdanny

If Oem that's an amazing price, I paid 200 for just the back brake pads and rotors aftermarket

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Pugs51

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 UG GTI MKV
If Oem that's an amazing price, I paid 200 for just the back brake pads and rotors aftermarket

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Okay awesome! Thanks for the info