Where: Cruise to Bellingham from Lynnwood via Chuckanut Drive
When: May 7, 2011 at 10:00 am.
Why: To enjoy a cruise with fellow European car enthusiasts and to support PAWS.*
Who: All European car enthusiasts
This is the 3rd Annual Chuckanut Cruise brought to you by BPCDubs. The charity we are raising donations for is PAWS.*
If you haven't had the chance to make it out to this drive yet, it is absolutely fantastic. Forests and trees line one side of the road, while the sound is on the other side. It’s a very scenic drive with amazing photo opportunities throughout the twisting roads. You don't want to miss the driving experience this road has to offer!
History of the cruise:
In 2009, the first year of this cruise we had over 55 cars in attendance and collected almost 400 pounds of food for Northwest Harvest.
Last year, we had around 60 cars in attendance and collected over 250 pounds of food for Northwest Harvest.
Where to meet:
Lynnwood Park & Ride
164th St SW & Ash Way, Lynnwood, WA
We will be meeting at the Park and Ride at 10am. We will be at the Ash Way park and ride for around an hour to give people the time to show up, park, mingle and have the chance to donate to PAWS.
We will be meeting at this park and ride because it is convenient for people coming from either 405 or I5. We will have people available to help guide vehicles to the appropriate section of the Park & Ride to coordinate parking. *This is the same meeting spot as the Tuesday Lynnwood GTG.*
1. PAWS will have their own volunteers at this event. They will be there to help explain what their charity is all about and to collect donations.
2. Please have a full tank of gas upon arriving at the Lynnwood P&R
3. Please make sure you have used the restroom; we won't stop until we get to the The Weblocker Restaurant in Bellingham
4. Please bring a copy of the map and directions so that you are familiar with the route in case you are separated. We will also have printed directions at the event too. To make it easier on everyone, our group will also spread out throughout the cars to lead people to the Weblocker.
5. Please always feel free to ask questions.
This year we have decided raise donations for PAWS. PAWS is a wonderful local charity and they provide help and assistance to domestic and wild animals.*
PAWS is located in Lynnwood and their mission statement is, PAWS a champion for animals—rehabilitating injured and orphaned wildlife, sheltering and adopting homeless cats and dogs, and educating people to make a better world for animals and people.*
You can read all about their charity at www.paws.org
PAWS suggested donation items:
- Monetary donations
- Canned cat and dog food (Nutro, Science Diet and Wellness brands).*
- Dry food for cats (Costco’s Kirkland, Nutro Max, Science Diet and Sensible Choice brands).*
- Canned kitten food (Precise and Wellness) and dry food (Royal Canin Baby Cat).*
- EVO canned and dry foods (turkey and chicken formulas for cats and kittens) for wildlife patients.*
- Powdered and dried egg whites (available at Super Supplements).*
- High quality dog biscuits and hot dogs for dog training.
- Dog leashes (six-foot, medium width, non-retractable nylon only).*
- To keep cats busy and healthy, laser pointers, catnip balls, and PetSafe SlimCat Cat Food Dispensers.
- Mentally stimulating dog toys, including Puzzle Cube®, Kongs®, and the Kong® Wobbler Treat Dispenser.*
- Medium and large sized Nylabones®.*
- Cat litter (unscented, non-clumping only).*
- Hilarious pet costumes.
- Advantage® topical flea treatment for both cats and dogs.*
- Frontline Plus® for dogs.*
- Small electrical space heaters and heat lamps.*
- Realistic, life size cat and dog stuffed animals.*
- Mini voice recorder (for animal sounds).
- Digital photo frames and memory cards to display pets available for adoption.*
- Portable CD players.*
- Rubber boots in womens size 7, 8, 9 and 10.*
- Garden hose reels and water hoses.*
- Shallow plastic kiddie pools for water-loving wildlife.*
- Gift cards to home improvement, animal supply, craft, office supply and grocery stores, Super Supplements, Bothell Feed Store, Costco, and gas stations.
Route from the Lynnwood Park & Ride to Bellingham, leaving at 10:30am:
<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=164th+St+SW+%26+Ash+Wa++y,+Picnic+Point-North+Lynnwood,+WA+98087&daddr=Chuckanut+Drive,+Be++llingham,+WA+to:Web+Locker+Restaurant,+Coho+Way,+B++ellingham,+WA+to:Larrabee+State+Park,+Bellingham,+WA&hl=en&geocode=FXwh2gIdtHK2-ClV1iFOsQWQVDE_D9paIr5FDQ%3BFaKp5gId3wGz-Ckh1nupK6CFVDHlO87xneea9A%3BFVz75wIdXb-y-CG5T34UPTFQRykVWjbtB6OFVDF2TbhOETh-iw%3BFZxX5gIdKD-z-CGgZwHawztJDw&mra=ls&sll=48.30412,-122.338825&sspn=1.527377,4.22699&ie=UTF8&ll=48.303294,-122.338257&spn=0.876958,1.757812&z=9&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=164th+St+SW+%26+Ash+Wa++y,+Picnic+Point-North+Lynnwood,+WA+98087&daddr=Chuckanut+Drive,+Be++llingham,+WA+to:Web+Locker+Restaurant,+Coho+Way,+B++ellingham,+WA+to:Larrabee+State+Park,+Bellingham,+WA&hl=en&geocode=FXwh2gIdtHK2-ClV1iFOsQWQVDE_D9paIr5FDQ%3BFaKp5gId3wGz-Ckh1nupK6CFVDHlO87xneea9A%3BFVz75wIdXb-y-CG5T34UPTFQRykVWjbtB6OFVDF2TbhOETh-iw%3BFZxX5gIdKD-z-CGgZwHawztJDw&mra=ls&sll=48.30412,-122.338825&sspn=1.527377,4.22699&ie=UTF8&ll=48.303294,-122.338257&spn=0.876958,1.757812&z=9" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>
There are no planned group stops along the way since there are very few stopping points once we get off I-5 and onto Chuckanut Drive.
1:00 - 1:30pm: ** 1st Stopping Point: Lunch at The Weblocker Restaurant **
Arrive in downtown Bellingham via N. Forest St.*
The Weblocker Restaurant
734 Coho Way
Bellingham, WA 98225
They have delicious burgers and sandwiches, fish and chips. Etc. This is Tstmstr's restaurant. *
People are welcome to have lunch wherever they please, but this will be our first stopping point. If you would like to eat somewhere else, just meet the group at our final destination at Larrabee State Park.
4:00pm: ** 2nd Stopping Point: Larrabee State Park **
245 Chuckanut Drive
Bellingham, WA 98229
Once we arrive at Larrabee Park we will have the opportunity to take pictures, hang out, and enjoy the awesome PNW European car enthusiast community! There is a beach just a short walk away, so grab a frisbee to throw around. At this point in the day, people can hang out as long as they want and depart when they wish. You can either take Chuckanut Road back to the Seattle area, or hop on I5 for a quicker drive home.
The route that we currently have planned is 80 miles each way from Lynnwood to Bellingham.
Now that all of the fun informational stuff has been addressed, the serious stuff needs to be discussed.
**SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY!!!**
This is without a doubt our #1 concern.
We all will be driving as a group, and as a group, we all represent the European car enthusiast community. No one is to do any burnouts, illegal lane changes, or any passing on the shoulder. Everyone needs to keep their speed under control and make sure that they are not following cars in front of them too closely, whether they are with our group or not. SAFETY is paramount; do not drive like an idiot! Please do not make us have to call the police on any vehicles that are not driving in a safe manner.
Please make sure that you are allowing other vehicles that are not part of our cruise to merge onto the highway. You don’t need to worry about being separated from the rest of the group. It is extremely unsafe to do this and we are not in a race to get to our destination, it’s called a cruise for a reason. Drive respectfully, safely, and courteously to everyone around you.
This thread will be modified as we make updates or clarifications.
Stay tuned for more BPCDubs cruises and events in the future.*
We look forward to seeing you all there. *Let's all get together for a great cause!
Some pictures from last year:
At the P&R:
On the way
Larrabee State Park