GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BPCDubs Presents » Chuckanut Cruise - May 2nd, 2009

crabpot

Awesomesauce

**Make note of the new date - This event has been moved to Saturday May 2nd to avoid overlapping with other drives**

Where: Cruise to Bellingham from Lynnwood via Chuckanut Drive
When: May 2, 2009 at 10:00 am
Why: To enjoy a cruise with fellow European car enthusiasts and to support Northwest Harvest.
Who: All European car enthusiasts

This is the first annual Chuckanut Cruise brought to you by BPCDubs and sponsoring Northwest Harvest. If you’ve never made this drive before, it is absolutely fantastic. Forests and trees on one side of the road, and the ocean on the other side. It’s a very scenic drive with amazing photo opportunities. :camera:

Where to meet:
Lynnwood Park & Ride
164th St SW & Ash Way, Lynnwood, WA

Map:

We will be meeting at this park and ride because it is convenient for people coming from either 405 or I5. We will have people available to help guide vehicles to the appropriate section of the Park & Ride, this is the same meeting spot as the Tuesday Lynnwood GTG. :thumbup:

**Please make sure you have a full tank of gas and that you have used the restroom when you arrive at the Park & Ride, the group will not be making any stops until we get to Bellingham!**

When:
We will be meeting at 10am at the Park and Ride and will be leaving promptly at 10:30am. This will give people some time to hang out, chit chat, ogle other people’s cars, and hit the road.

Donations:
We will be taking donations for Northwest Harvest as a part of this cruise, every vehicle in attendance should bring 4 cans of food to donate to Northwest Harvest.

Northwest Harvest is a local non-profit organization that collects food and provides it for free to local food banks and meal programs throughout the state.

You can find out more about the organization here:
http://www.northwestharvest.or...e.htm

Suggested donation items:

General food items:
Oatmeal
Whole grain pastas
Brown rice
Tomato products
Canned peas
Canned pears and peaches, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
Canned tuna
Canned chicken and turkey
Shelf-stable milk
Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats

Infant and baby foods:
Baby formula
Canned milk
Infant cereal
Jars of baby food
Powdered or canned milk
We also accept baby diapers

Route from the Lynnwood Park & Ride to Bellingham, leaving at 10:30am:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=...&z=13

There are no planned group stops along the way, there are very few stopping points once you get off I5 and on to Chuckanut Drive.

12:30 - 1:00pm: Arrive in downtown Bellingham via N. Forest St.
Hopefully some of the pack leaders with photography skills can shoot pictures as people drive into Bellingham along the main drag. At this point in the day, people will break up for lunch wherever they would like in Bellingham.

3:00pm: Everyone will meet at Larrabee State Park which is on your way back down south via Chuckanut.

Address:
245 Chuckanut Drive
Bellingham, WA 98229

Map:
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/...p.pdf

Once we arrive at Larrabee Park we will have the opportunity to take pictures, hang out, and enjoy the awesome PNW European car enthusiast community! At this point in the day, people can hang out as long as they want and depart when they wish. Many of us will be taking the drive back via Chuckanut Drive as well.

The route that we currently have planned is 80 miles each way from Lynnwood to Bellingham.

Now that all of the fun informational stuff has been addressed, the serious stuff needs to be discussed.

**SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY!!!**

This is without a doubt our #1 concern.

We all will be driving as a group, and as a group, we all represent the European car enthusiast community. No one is to do any burn-outs, illegal lane changes, or passing on the shoulder. Everyone needs to keep their speed under control and make sure that they are not following cars in front of them too closely, whether they are with our group or not. SAFETY is paramount; do not drive like an idiot!

Please make sure that you are allowing other vehicles that are not part of our cruise to merge onto the highway. You don’t need to worry about being separated from the rest of the group. It is extremely unsafe to do this and we are not in a race to get to our destination, it’s called a cruise for a reason. Drive respectfully, safely, and courteously to everyone around you.

This thread will be modified as we make updates or clarifications.

Look out for more BPCDubs events in the future. :thumbup:

Last edited:

treedub

Oversight
Car(s)
MKV R32
Ineed to know more about this so called BPCDubs... Is this a group that deserves my support?

treedub

Oversight
Car(s)
MKV R32
Most users ever online was 13 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 pm

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
I have some family just at the town end of that drive.

And actually I am sitting in their Den right now, looking out over the ocean, waiting for the three packs of Rolaids I took to kick in so can sleep.

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
WTF is bpc dubs?

Chuckanut drive is awesome :w00t:

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
WTF is bpc dubs?

Chuckanut drive is awesome :w00t:

NM, just clicked the link.
I see BPC = even more elitist than mkv, heh

"Bringing people closer through exclusion & elitism" :thumbsup:

crabpot

Awesomesauce
We're not elitist at all actually, that's the joke. Our sigs all poke fun of the elitist attitude of other car clubs.

Our forum is private so that it doesn't have to be moderated.