GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a new weekend toy (R32 content)

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
So, I've been on the hunt for a new weekend toy for a while now. After a ton of research and test driving various cars I decided on an R32. I didn't limit myself to mk5 or mk4 while shopping. After test driving a few MK5s (one with a clearly bonked DSG) it was late in the day and I had given up when I just so happened to accidentally open the wrong page on my phone which refreshed to a MK4 R32 with 80k on the odometer and no pictures or price listed. I freaked out for a second and figured it wasn't right, it had to be missing a 1 before the 8. I called the dealer that was an hour away and asked them about it they confirmed the mileage, and told me it had been traded in the night before. I left right away, after an hour of driving and talking and 13k later I drove out in my new toy :D

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Jealous, nice find.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Great car! How were the badge/headlights modified? Is it reversible?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Great car! How were the badge/headlights modified? Is it reversible?

Thanks for all the love guys! Can't post anymore pics cause I left on vacation less than 12 hours after I bought it.

Headlights just have eyelids on them easily removable and will be. Both VW emblems were painted so I'll be ordering some soon. I have OEM tails waiting now.

First mod I plan on is sway bars and full powerflex bushings all around to stiffen it up.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion

Need to remove these tails

Beautiful interior

And a completely unmolested engine

Of course it has your typical MK4 problems, broken glovebox handle and passengers door module is out. Already have new belts, tensioner, haldex service kit and tails on the way.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The more I see, the better it looks. Very nice!