GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BOTW ruined gaming for me

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Okay, I’m convinced. And it’s a good excuse to sell my Wii U and get a Switch. I see it has an OLED screen now, so that might be cool.

The $7.13 you'll get from selling the Wii U should definitely help :ROFLMAO:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
1639975418929.png

I was thinking it'd be more than you might think. I was a bit wrong.

Last edited:

AM407

Autocross Champion
I dunno.

I still had my original Wii and 3DS up until a year ago. Put them on eBay and they did ok. Can’t remember exactly, but think I got around C$100 for the Wii and maybe C$150 for the 3DS (both with games and accessories.)

Maybe it was a Covid thing. I also sold a 20-year-old mountain bike for $750! :ROFLMAO:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I bought a Switch, BotW, AC:NH, and SMM2. Beat BotW (not the DLC though), had a BLAST. Spent some time in the other games, but Zelda was my main reason to buy a switch. I wound up selling my Switch and games, all in all I think it cost me ~$30 to have an awesome experience.

If another BotW comes out, I'll do it all again. I really liked the shrines, and while I was annoyed with the weapon durability mechanic, it definitely wasn't the worst thing I've ever experienced with games.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I dunno.

I still had my original Wii and 3DS up until a year ago. Put them on eBay and they did ok. Can’t remember exactly, but think I got around C$100 for the Wii and maybe C$150 for the 3DS (both with games and accessories.)

Maybe it was a Covid thing. I also sold a 20-year-old mountain bike for $750! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, the system values sterkrazzy pulled up look to have come from a modern gaming retailer like Gamestop. All of the retro stuff comes up as being worth basically nothing in their systems. You have to sell private or go to a retro gaming / hobby store like Bookmans in order to get what they are worth. I usually just see what others are selling them for and gauge the condition and price accordingly.

There is a weird middle ground with some systems that just aren't worth a whole lot right now, though. If it's not on either end of the spectrum in terms of age, they tend to not be worth as much.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Yeah, the system values sterkrazzy pulled up look to have come from a modern gaming retailer like Gamestop. All of the retro stuff comes up as being worth basically nothing in their systems. You have to sell private or go to a retro gaming / hobby store like Bookmans in order to get what they are worth. I usually just see what others are selling them for and gauge the condition and price accordingly.

There is a weird middle ground with some systems that just aren't worth a whole lot right now, though. If it's not on either end of the spectrum in terms of age, they tend to not be worth as much.
I’ve already put it on eBay. Current bid is C$190 and there’s six days to go. :)

I’m actually sad to see it go. I really liked the Wii and Wii U for the motion control games. My wife and I used to have fun playing Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart (even back to the N64 days) but she now says she’s over it. Tried to get her to play Sports Club on the Wii U but she’s just not into it anymore. I guess one of us had to grow up.

And I ordered the Switch OLED & BOTW already. Should have them after X-mas. I think I’ll get Metroid Dread as well. I remember playing the original back in high school on the NES and liking it.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
I’ve already put it on eBay. Current bid is C$190 and there’s six days to go. :)

I’m actually sad to see it go. I really liked the Wii and Wii U for the motion control games. My wife and I used to have fun playing Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart (even back to the N64 days) but she now says she’s over it. Tried to get her to play Sports Club on the Wii U but she’s just not into it anymore. I guess one of us had to grow up.

And I ordered the Switch OLED & BOTW already. Should have them after X-mas. I think I’ll get Metroid Dread as well. I remember playing the original back in high school on the NES and liking it.

Fun fact - The original Wii can play Gamecube games. There is also a flap / door like cover that allows you to plug in a Gamecube controller. Might be worth keeping it just for that reason. I'd check it out.

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7
Okay, I’m convinced. And it’s a good excuse to sell my Wii U and get a Switch. I see it has an OLED screen now, so that might be cool.

I play about evenly on the Switch and TV and honestly don't have a preference. And yeah....as far as the hours go it's kind of up to you how much you want to play. I've done over 300hrs but you could finish the game, if that's what yr concentrating on, much quicker than that. I'll start getting serious about main missions when the sequel comes out.

I saw it on the U and it didn't look horrible but the Switch is definitely worth buying. Really impressive.

AM407

Autocross Champion
The Switch and BotW arrived yesterday, but I haven’t even had a chance to power it up yet. Maybe after the holidays. I also bought Pikmin 3 Deluxe because it was on sale and looked interesting.

And the Wii U will go to the post office tomorrow: sold on eBay for C$305 with two games and some extra controllers and stuff.

As far as the hours spent, it’s mostly just a guilt thing. Even if it’s only 100 hours, that’s 100 hours I could have spent learning to play the guitar, or reading Proust, or learning another language…

But, yeah, I’ll have some time to kill this winter so will just enjoy some games and not worry about it. I’ll try to read a few books, too.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
As far as the hours spent, it’s mostly just a guilt thing. Even if it’s only 100 hours, that’s 100 hours I could have spent learning to play the guitar, or reading Proust, or learning another language…

Aa long as you're enjoying what you're doing, it's not hours wasted.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's only wasted if that game you're playing is WoW.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R