GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

boost gauge options

EXIT

Passed Driver's Ed
Are there are any other ones out there except for P3 and APR yet? Google didn't come up with anything but I might have missed something...

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
There are plenty of options that fit into APR's vent gauge pod. Just do a google search for 52mm boost gauge.

Scroll down towards the bottom.
http://www.goapr.com/products/boost_gauge_mk7_golf.html

I personally would like to see on that doesn't get into the way of instruments and doesn't take up a vent. I saw that the Mk6 had aftermarket parts to fit one on the steering column.

PatrickVas

Ready to race!
I'm running a newsouth gauge with a thin layer of black electrical tape wrapped around it to fit the APR vent pod better lol. Just did it today.

The whole kit was $199 on USP's site.

Last edited:

witsbusa

Ready to race!
Since we are having the Torque app for android discussion on the other thread, I'll throw that up too.. I haven't researched it much, but depending on what vehicle sensor the reading is pulled from, I don't know if that would be accurate and useful.. but the torque device does have a readout. I have seen some crazy install / mounting jobs on devices displaying torque, so that could be a cool option IF it is actually accurate and the updates are quick enough.. Just a thought.

jdennett

Passed Driver's Ed
Since we are having the Torque app for android discussion on the other thread, I'll throw that up too.. I haven't researched it much, but depending on what vehicle sensor the reading is pulled from, I don't know if that would be accurate and useful.. but the torque device does have a readout. I have seen some crazy install / mounting jobs on devices displaying torque, so that could be a cool option IF it is actually accurate and the updates are quick enough.. Just a thought.

anything that relies off the OBDII port should be as accurate as the data the car is providing off the bus, that being said it should only work as long as everything physical is stock. AFAIK the second you do anything like a DP you need a gauge that will tap for boose

witsbusa

Ready to race!
anything that relies off the OBDII port should be as accurate as the data the car is providing off the bus, that being said it should only work as long as everything physical is stock. AFAIK the second you do anything like a DP you need a gauge that will tap for boose

How can that be right? That would mean the data logs that guys pull from OBDII port are no longer accurate..

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Here is a rookie question: Are there any good features to look for when buying a boost gauge? E.g- recording peak values/digital vs. analog

witsbusa

Ready to race!
I would check out the apr offering as i am sure the components they offer are what you need.. but i am so far from turbo gauge guy.. i just like digital personally and the capability of holding peak to check for spikes.. haven't gotten close to ready for that to be necessary yet personally..

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I'd love to get a 52mm gauge that has a peak hold, or peak replay function for a reasonable price. Right now I have the NewSouth.