GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW M3 Competition xDrive - Not!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Featured on Motorweek yesterday, coincidently popped up as an ad on my laptop even though I wasn't looking at any cars lately. Is Bill Gates able to read minds now? He is working on this kind of thing. :)

Anyway, I don't care is this was the only made one, it's still an obscene amount of money for a used one that can't break 3 seconds to 60. Who buys these, people who only care about an emblem on the trunk?

EDIT: Must have been sold, the link no longer takes you to it. BARTOW Gray 2022 BMW M3: Used Car for Sale - NFL73487 (stingraybartow.com)

Last edited:

jmg

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI, G82 M4
I have a 2022 M4 Competition X-Drive. It looks like the car in the link doesn't have the Carbon Exterior Package, Laser Lights, full leather, or M Performance Carbon Fiber Flow Through Wing that I have, but it does have the adaptive cruise. I would say this is about right given the availability of the G80/G82 right now. Mine was $96k sticker and I could probably get about the same or more if I sold it right now with 3k miles on it.

Depending on how they measured the 0-60, with the rollout or not, it's pretty close to sub 30 (edit 3.0 :poop:) seconds, and with sticker tires its definitely below 3 seconds. This is my track car, and I would say its VERY impressive.

Is it $100k impressive? Depends on your needs, and of course it depends on your budget. Its faster than the C8, but the C8 is cheaper. It's faster than the GT4, but the GT4 is a real sports car and handles much better... but also has a $40k markup.

As for the grill, it's an acquired taste. I realize it's not for everyone. Hell, I hated it, then I accepted it, then I liked it, then I loved it, then did more research on it and I decided to get one. No regrets. It's a beast of a car that handles lighter than it is. It's already faster in stock form than my modified F80 M3 CS track car. I've only done 2 track days so far, but I have 2 coming up in the next few weeks. I can't wait to start dialing it in!

2nd track day completely stock:

Now, with about $4k in track mods:

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I have a 2022 M4 Competition X-Drive. It looks like the car in the link doesn't have the Carbon Exterior Package, Laser Lights, full leather, or M Performance Carbon Fiber Flow Through Wing that I have, but it does have the adaptive cruise. I would say this is about right given the availability of the G80/G82 right now. Mine was $96k sticker and I could probably get about the same or more if I sold it right now with 3k miles on it.

Depending on how they measured the 0-60, with the rollout or not, it's pretty close to sub 30 seconds, and with sticker tires its definitely below 3 seconds. This is my track car, and I would say its VERY impressive.

Is it $100k impressive? Depends on your needs, and of course it depends on your budget. Its faster than the C8, but the C8 is cheaper. It's faster than the GT4, but the GT4 is a real sports car and handles much better... but also has a $40k markup.

As for the grill, it's an acquired taste. I realize it's not for everyone. Hell, I hated it, then I accepted it, then I liked it, then I loved it, then did more research on it and I decided to get one. No regrets. It's a beast of a car that handles lighter than it is. It's already faster in stock form than my modified F80 M3 CS track car. I've only done 2 track days so far, but I have 2 coming up in the next few weeks. I can't wait to start dialing it in!

2nd track day completely stock:

Now, with about $4k in track mods:

Definitely a grille most of us will never enjoy (I hate seeing the bumper rebar, as well as the obnoxious size).

That is a badass car to own, let alone track so who are we to judge. I’m sure it’s a absolute riot to drive!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
IMO they look way better in person.

I wouldn't have much money left for track / ax tires though :D

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The worst part of these cars with the new grill is if you see one that actually has a traditional front license plate holder.

Shit looks like a little Hitler mustache up front with a plate. There's one in my neighborhood, I'll have to try to get a picture of it.

jmg

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI, G82 M4