GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMW 2 Series cuope getting xdrive.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
getting pretty heavy though... for a small car.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Nah, not by much I think - it's hard on a new car, with all safety regulation crap find a decent weight. Still this can be fun to see a comparo with the upcoming R.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
X-Drive adds zero fun factor to everything...X-drive exists for the sole reason of BMW leasing thousands of 228i in the Northeast at rates cheaper than a loaded Accord...and that is pretty much it.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
No way, the new 228i 2 series? Or are you talking about the 228i on the 3 series? I'm sure will be a weight penalty bet. layouts (RWD/AWD) but for sure the 0-60 times will be reduced, specially on the M235i Xi no one will paid for it, if there is no extra benefit (I'm sure a tweaked Xdrive). This could be nice to compare the CLA / STI / S3.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
A lot of the fun of my 135 is being able to kick the back out if I want, no way would I want this car with anything but RWD. Same goes for if I had a 128 as well. x2 to simply being able to lease more cars.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
A lot of the fun of my 135 is being able to kick the back out if I want, no way would I want this car with anything but RWD. Same goes for if I had a 128 as well. x2 to simply being able to lease more cars.

Yes, and the joy to drive the car the whole year,without been worry about snow per se. Let's be real,not everyone who buys RWD are drifting.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
shopping for a new bmw must be nerve wrecking. so many models to choose from.

I bet.same engines into too many series, but the biggest issue of buying one is how you get rid of the douche bag stereotype?!

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I bet.same engines into too many series, but the biggest issue of buying one is how you get rid of the douche bag stereotype?!

Wash it off with lye soap? :iono:

Really the "lifted-trucks-that-never-see-mud" guys...THEY are more likely to be db's than any BMW driver ever thought about being.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Wash it off with lye soap? :iono:

Really the "lifted-trucks-that-never-see-mud" guys...THEY are more likely to be db's than any BMW driver ever thought about being.

Yup, those too are on the list. God no has help for them :D

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Yes, and the joy to drive the car the whole year,without been worry about snow per se. Let's be real,not everyone who buys RWD are drifting.

We just had the worst winter in years here and my 135 was an absolute boss in it, I'd take it with snow tires over anything AWD and all-seasons (pretty much what the x-drive would be). $400 in snow tires > who knows how much that option will cost. The standard tires are flummoxed by a small coating or a slight bit of rain...I'd call them dangerous actually.