GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth plus Aux/Sat

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Does anyone know if there is a certain way to code the Bluetooth unit 1K0051473 for the premium 7 unit in a 2006.5 GTI when running Sat or Aux? i was originally running the Sat unit wires as an aux input since I don't use my XM module, but when I installed the Bluetooth it was showing line channel errors until I unplugged the sat blue plug from the back of the radio. The phone wouldn't work until I did this. I hate the sound quality of the music through the Bluetooth and would like use an Aux input. I was thinking of installing the aux by using the CD changers, basically how VW does it.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So I figured it out and thought I would share. I did the following because I have the black button 2006 premium 7 unit. I used the line outs on the sat blue plug into the radio to use as an Aux input but made the connections at the sat unit. The reason for this is because the can bus must stay plugged in but the line out wires cannot be plugged into the sat unit and be used for Aux In. You need to either cut the wires or just pull the pins out of the plug. The purple/red and purple/white wires are your left and right +. The purple/blue wire is your common - for the left and right channels. The install of the Bluetooth was pretty straight forward when following the installation directions. The Bluetooth unit seemed to not be recognized at first unless the blue plug for the now modified Aux in was disconnected from the radio. This was only for the initial install and can be plugged back in after coding is completed. Everything works great now and I get the clear sound quality from my iPhone with the Aux In and the hands free ability of the Bluetooth.