GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth issues

Razeor

Hi Guys,

I just got a new Golf on Saturday and I had them install Bluetooth into it for me. The installed the Parrot kit which is apparently the one that VW is now using as Genuine in Aus.

Anyway, I am having some issues and I was wondering if anyone else with the Bluetooth setup is having the same...

The mute button on the steering wheel: It mutes the person speaking so I can't hear them but they can still hear me and anyone else in the car. This seems mostly pointless and un-usable. Is this the way it is for everyone else? I would expect it to mute the microphone not the speakers...

Sometimes my phone seems to connect to the Bluetooth 3 or 4 times when I first start the car.

Sometimes when answering a call from the steering wheel it connects to the caller but I can't hear them and they can't hear me...

Is anyone else having these sorts of issues?

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
My wifes BMW has the same system in it and sometimes get these probs... delete your phone profile from the system and go through the re-pairing process again.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
my parrot system only mutes the front speakers when some 1 is calling or i am on the phone :confused:

sausage

Ready to race!
I would seriously suggest you contact VW Australia about Parrot system being the genuine bluetooth kit for your golf. My understanding is the Parrot system is sold by the dealer not VW. My dealer tried to sell me the Parrot system together with the tint, car detailing etc.
There is a separate bluetooth system which is integrated with your car I believe

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
my dealer didnt even know what a parrot bluetooth kit was. i had to go and buy it myself then give it to them to fit prior to delivery. they didnt have a clue and said they had never heard of it before.. might explain the crap installation

Razeor

Thanks for the responses guys.

I was a bit doubtfull about the parrot being classed as genuine too. The manual says that when paring you should see it called VH-UHV (or something) and that the pairing code is 0000. However, this kit came with a seperate bluetooth manual that is properly printed with VW logo's and the rest. It states that you should see parot-XXXX where X is the firmware version and that the code is 1234. I was also told that this kit will be covered by the full 3 year warranty not just the standard parrot warranty. So it seems legit to me...

I reset the bluetooth system on the way to work this morning and re-paired my phone. I haven't had time to test it yet but I am hoping this will fix it all...

wokwon

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Car(s)
MY07 Jetta
Yep my new jetta is the same; has the parrot kit and the mic is mounted on the steering column instead of the roof thingy.

The instructions note that if you press the phone button on the steering wheel while in a conversation it will go into discreet mode which I assume means that it mutes the mic.

The unfortunate thing is that because we only have one button on the steering wheel, we can't hang up a call. As far as I can tell we have to wait till the person at the other end hangs up.

Donald32

Backseat Driver
The Blueant 2 works famously for me and it's portable. Obviously it's not connected to any buttons in the car and therefore do not have the gains and hassles which go with same. Blueant :thumbsup:

jackrinse

To hang up simply hold down the button until you hear a blip.
It is about 2 to 3 seconds which can seem like a long time but I suppose having only one button means this is a necessary evil.

Re pairing the phone is a great way of getting rid of nasties but the way to reset the kit is quite strange.

You need to press vol down for two secs and then vol up for two secs. repeat 5 times and it resets the bluetooth.

This seems weird at first as the volume goes up and down and just feels wrong. It does work however and it fixed all of my problems.
Well it only fixed the problems I was having with the bluetooth the other problems in my life have strangely remained, I will be discussing this with my dealer!