GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth Install

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Hi everyone, I recently traded car parts with a friend and got a Bluetooth module from his 2012 Beetle (part #: 5k0035730e I believe this is a 9wz module?)

Ive tried looking up what exactly I need to do to get this module to work on my factory 6 disc changer and I cannot find a clear cut answer anywhere.

My car is a 2009 package 0 (base model) and has the factory 6 disc in dash changer headunit (dunno what model that is?) and has the satellite receiver under the passenger seat.

I have a vag-com cable and can make the necessary coding changes no problem, but I am wondering how I can hook up the bluetooth to stream music to my headunit (will that even work with my headunit?) and Id also like to be able to make calls using the factory controls on the steering wheel if possible.

Im wondering if the connector for the satellite radio will connect to the bluetooth controller or if I have to buy a harness (I understand I need to buy a microphone for the phone use, but if I can just plug in the bluetooth controlelr now and stream music that'd be great!).

If I do need to buy a harness Im not sure which harness I need:
http://www.kufatec.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_10&zenid=gj7l12j0jv229opl2t1o6jasd7

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

FWIW I have changed out all the speakers in the car, have a LOC installed, amp, and sub.
Ive debated upgrading to a RNS510, but figured it probably wasnt worth the cost for yet ANOTHER nav system in the car (already have a GPS unit, and cellphone of course).

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Truthfully, I have limited knowledge on this subject but I think you need one of the touchscreen units for music streaming. If you're going factory route, I believe you need a head unit, harness, and mic. Might as well do it all at once.

That said, I'm going aftermarket maybe a kenwood double-din with bluetooth.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
looks like I need to upgrade to an RNS510 or go aftermarket

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Here is said Kenwood. It's a DPX500BT. Has cd, front usb and aux, also controls pandora and I heart radio apps through bluetooth streaming. I'm pretty happy with it. On a call, someone said it sounds like I'm in a tin can, but they can hear me fine. Might be my mic placement though. You can get this with the steering wheel control module shipped to your house for about $280.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yes, I'm really happy with it. Big improvement over stock. I changed the display color to white/red so it's easier to see during the day, the red/blue was tricky.

Last edited:

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
You need a plug and play harness and a mounting tray. It's a 9w7 module. You should probably buy an RCD-510 revision AF to use it. It won't display on your mfd unless you buy a polar FIS module, but with the AF radio you can use all of the functions with the radio.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I have the Polar FIS Link. It's a radio wire harness extension that has a small converter box which enables the 9w7 to display on red. There is an ebay seller in Spain that sells the whole BT kit but you can also just get the FIS-Link.

You should also be able to use BT without the microphone. It is a PITA install. But it might get problematic if you're phone's digital assistant tries to talk.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
FWIW I ended up installing a Pioneer headunit with Bluetooth and the needed PAC modules in order to be able to use the steering wheel functions.
I have soooooooooo much crap shoved behind the dash its silly lol

BAMF

Ready to race!
FWIW I ended up installing a Pioneer headunit with Bluetooth and the needed PAC modules in order to be able to use the steering wheel functions.
I have soooooooooo much crap shoved behind the dash its silly lol

What I like to do with these is adhere the modules with 3M VHB tape to the plastic in the back of the cavity directly behind the radio, then cut all of the wires to length before soldering it up. Keeps everything tidy and the modules won't rattle. I'm pretty OCD, so I finish it off by wrapping the harness in OE cloth tape. I've got three modules wired up behind my head unit- the CAN module for the main harness, steering wheel control harness, and a parking brake bypass for video-in-motion. I also secured the amplified antenna adapter with some wiring clips from Lowe's.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, i should have cleaned up the wiring....