GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluefin installed

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Received my Bluefin yesterday and installed it last night but didn't get a chance to test it out until this morning. At first I thought it was no different to the original tune, although there's not much opportunity to "give it a bit" in peak hour traffic. It essentially drives as standard until you drive with intent, then, the difference becomes very obvious.

I've done a lot of mods to various cars over the years and more often than not you almost have to talk yourself into believing the upgrade you just spent a shed load on, has made a performance improvement. That's not the case with this upgrade as you can really feel the improvement. As others have said, it drives exactly like standard and is well behaved, it just shoves you into the seat under acceleration a lot more than the OEM tune. Well worth the $1,500 I'd say.:thumbup:

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
hey mate! welcome to the cool kids club :smoking: just jokes, but glad to see you are loving it so far. Sorry I didnt get a chance to take you for a spin, but now I guess there is an even better reason for a canberra gtg!

it will settle down over the next few days as the ecu "learns" how to deal with the new tune, but all it seems to do is make it a more gradual rush, rather than an on/off switch.

One thing I will note is that the pedal sensor is very well set-up in the bluefin, as you can ride the car out to high revs under light throttle and it will hardly spool up. But give it some serious right foot action and it will give you what you ask for!

congrats, and enjoy the ride!

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
hey mate! welcome to the cool kids club :smoking: just jokes, but glad to see you are loving it so far. Sorry I didnt get a chance to take you for a spin, but now I guess there is an even better reason for a canberra gtg!

Yeah, sorry I didn't take you up on the offer to try before I buy. I figured all of the reviews and reports I'd heard had nothing but good stuff to say, so might as well just get it. And there's a 7 day money back offer anyway!

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
Yeah, sorry I didn't take you up on the offer to try before I buy. I figured all of the reviews and reports I'd heard had nothing but good stuff to say, so might as well just get it. And there's a 7 day money back offer anyway!

nah your right mate, nice work!

2500rpm is party time for the Bluefin! :burnrubber:

Bunty

No longer waiting
Car(s)
MkV Golf GTI DSG
I am supposed to pick up mine from Lennocks tomorrow (friday) But Lease company has lost my paperwork and Ive had to express post replacements overnight. Lennock won't even get it registered untill they have all the papers etc.
Have already commited my tax return a couple of times over for a bluefin & swaybars.

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Welcome brother!

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Yeah, as stated it'll need some time to zone back into your drive style.

Gonna have to re-learn your LC also...