GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blue Door Handle Illumination

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I decided to install OEM lights to my door handles on the in side of my MKV R32. The one thing that Im really excited about is that i have converted the Red OEM light to Bright Blue LEDs. The Red OEM LEDs are very very dull and the ones Im going to install are very very Bright Blue and will light up the door handles very well. This will add a little more flavor to my R32 and go with the Blue Mood LED lights at the top of the roof on the interior as well.

Im posting a DIY for other to go by on here, but do NOT blame me if u brake or mess up something. Good Luck

So far Im just doing a test fit on how every thing comes together and will finish the DIY as i go for the nest few days.

Parts Numbers?????
Ill post them later when i find them....LOL

These are all the parts u will need to get from VW dealer

IMG_5464.jpg

Close up of parts

IMG_5468.jpg

Wire all wired up with Blue LEDs and Resistors

IMG_5476.jpg

Cout out a small square on the door cards to allow for the wire and connector to be visible.

IMG_5484.jpg

I use tape to test fit the Clear Plexi to the door handle.

IMG_5488.jpg

Then push the door handle into its slot on the door card. Once its in then make sure the clear plexi is still in the right place on the door handle and all lines up well with the cut out on the door card.

IMG_5501.jpg

Now i can line up the wires and make sure they are long enough to wire up to the 32 pin connecter at the end of the harness.

Power go to empty Pin 17
Grond ties into Pin 21

IMG_5503.jpg

Make sure u cut out the Long rectangle on the door handle with a dremel tool. I also used a digital measuring tool.

IMG_5507.jpg

Ill be posting the finished product when i get the last few wire from the VW dealer. These wire pins will goto the 32 pin connecter and make it all look as OEM as possible. I think most people wont even tell the its not OEM.:w00t:

gotti

.:R32 OG lulz...
Car(s)
.:R32
Doesn't some Japan company make a kit for this exact thing...that's a ton of work but I guess if you have the time...

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I dont like the Mini door handles as much as i do the VW interior door handles mood lights.

I also love the quality products from VW!!!!!!!!

I finally got to cut into the interior door handles and cut a small rectangle to insert the clear plexi piece.

Now im waiting on VW dealer to ship the wire to the 32 pin connecter to get the LEDs all powered up and grounded.

I should have them by tom or next day, once i get the wires il be able to finish up the DIY.

Here are a few pix

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Thanks guys

Im still waiting on VW to receive my wires to finish the DIY.

Yes, I could just splice my factory wire and do it the way but i would like to keep my car as OEM as possible.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I finally got my Wires from VW and now i can knock out this DIY......:fighting0030:

Plexi clamped down with hot glue

IMG_5523.jpg

Door handles clamped down Close up

IMG_5524.jpg

Close up of the back door handle installed and wire up and lead wires taped to door wire harness for OEM installation.

IMG_5536.jpg

This is how i wired up the wiring harness to the door, follow the wires all the way down to the end of the 32 pin wire connector.

IMG_5539.jpg

This is the intire wire leads all wired and tape up to the door card wiring harness for OEM install.

IMG_5543.jpg

Close up the door card wiring harness with 32 pin connector, I wired the power wire to pin 26 and the negative/ground wire to pin 21

IMG_5550.jpg

This is the end of the wire harness its a 32 pin connector with new lead wires and connector housing on and ready for install.

IMG_5541.jpg

Here is the coding for Vagcom and how to activate the door illumination light.

IMG_5545.jpg

Here are a few pix of the Door Illumination Lights all done and they are BLUE:thumbsup:

IMG_5556.jpg
IMG_5559.jpg

Last edited: