GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blower motor stopped working.

nav922

Car(s)
MK5 GTI 2007
When it’s all plugged in. 6 pin plug The red and white wire and the brown ground wire. Drops to 1V. If it’s not connected to the resistor module thing, I get full voltage

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
That is definitely some strange behavior, that red/ white is power direct from battery. The voltage should only be changing on the 2 pin plug to the blower motor by the J126 module based on signals from the Climatronic control module in the dash. Sent you a page on its function. Think you will need to get a scan tool that can take a look at Hvac control module and look at measuring block & output tests.

nav922

Car(s)
MK5 GTI 2007
We have had this all tested and I don’t understand what’s going on. It randomly stopped working, so I bought another used genuine blower motor with the fan module and nothing. Connected to 12v and fan started to spin, the wiring is all good upto fuse box and climate control module. Also tried different climate control module.
3 different mechanics have tried to have a look and don’t know what the problem is.
Some people have suggested some wiring on the bonnet hinge but there isn’t any wiring there on my model of car.
And also my rear demister and heated seats are still working !

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Yes the SC4 fuse has been know to pop because of a wiring short at the hood hinge for the heated washer nozzles but seeing that your heated seats work fuse is good. As you know if that fuse pops it also takes out the climatronic module and a few other items.

So I take it you have swapped these and still blower did not work

What about the used blower motor resistor?? Was that also swapped?

nav922

Car(s)
MK5 GTI 2007
Iv replaced the climate control module yes.

bought used fan and that came with a genuine fan control module aswell , part number for fan and module was: , 1K2820015E, 3C0907521B

i also bought a aftermarket fan control module from ebay which was about £20 the part number for that was : 3C0907521F

i'm not sure if there's a certain fan control module i need as the one on the original fan doesn't have a part number

Also mine is a dual zone

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I checked those two numbers 3C0907521B & 3C0907521F and they are VIN specific in the NAR, you might want to check with dealer and see what the valid part # is for you build date.

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Possibly, that 7521F part number looks to be for use on '08-> models in the NAR(North American Region) I have no idea if that will work on your '07 ROW(Rest of World) GTI.

If you have not looked at the climatronic dash control module with a scan tool for testing or don't have one you could try and use the secret menu of the climatronic.

https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=50280.0 Channel 12 has blower info

https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/climatronic-diagnostic-mode-reference-guide.6935204/

nav922

Car(s)
MK5 GTI 2007
UPDATE

Took the car to garage on friday, they had to pull dash apart and found a loose connector?
All fully working now - thanks for the information

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
UPDATE

Took the car to garage on friday, they had to pull dash apart and found a loose connector?
All fully working now - thanks for the information
Did they happen to tell you where the location of this plug is?