GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bleak Christmas

Donald32

Backseat Driver
I put my car in reverse in the garage but noticed boot was not closed tight.

Stepped out to close boot and the car started to roll back.

Found myself quickly pinned in the diminishing space between my car, my car door and my missus' other golf - we don't park parallel in the garage.

Missus' 2 passenger doors were rolled and rippled by my driver door.

My door's lip bent slightly but protective mould/strip rooted.

Farking mess.

It's going to be a frustrating eyesore for me throughout the Christmas break :mad0259:

Any suggestion for a good repairer? :help:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Arrrgh Don, that sux! :frown:
I saw your post in the DIY thread and hoped it wasn't anything too serious.

As I recommended to srbsta, Mick Vescio in Brookvale is great - but not sure how convenient that is for you, location wise.
Hope you get it sorted soon mate...

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
god dam Don that sucks!

i had a sort of similar thing happen to me. i was reversing out of the garage in my mums 307. at our house the garages face each other for some reason :iono:
anyway as im in reverse my dad decides to open his garage. as the door is a matt white colour and had the sun hitting it i couldnt tell that it was opening. it was only when the parking sensors started going nuts then there was a massive BANG that i knew what happened. it all happend so fast.
the bottom lip gouged a line in the bumper and took away a bit of paint. the door its self was also broken!!
still could of been worse.. could of been the GTI :biggrin:

Donald32

Backseat Driver
Yep, sux big time. Two cars to fix up and most repairers have their extended break over the Christmas/NY break. I'm anal with my car and it is bothering me heaps. The32 is jinxed...VW installed brake dampeners, VW fixed steering column, VW replaced springs & struts, VW replaced fuel pump, filter and regulator, ongoing rear seat and front diffuser rattles, now damaged door panel. Maybe I should have stuck with the other german :iono:

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
Yep, sux big time. Two cars to fix up and most repairers have their extended break over the Christmas/NY break. I'm anal with my car and it is bothering me heaps. The32 is jinxed...VW installed brake dampeners, VW fixed steering column, VW replaced springs & struts, VW replaced fuel pump, filter and regulator, ongoing rear seat and front diffuser rattles, now damaged door panel. Maybe I should have stuck with the other german :iono:

damaged door panel?! oh may god have mercy on your sole and lets hope you dont have the same issues as i did with mine!!!!