GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein B14 coilover install / adjustment help

Tony Sparta Evo

IMG_9765.jpeg
IMG_9765.jpeg

This is how it sits now

Tony Sparta Evo

The suspension probably needs to settle. With them wound all the way down...you should be able to tuck the tops of your tires if you have the stock 18in wheels. I have the B14. I still have a bit more to go before being bottomed out. With that said...I wouldn't really recommend winding them all the way down. That might really degrade the ride quality. Good thing about coilovers is that you can always play with the ride height until you find something that you're happy with.

I have mine set where the control arms are parallel with the ground.

View attachment 168474
What offset are your wheels & are you running spacers on there at all?
My wheels are 8x18 ET40 no spacers currently

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
RjR.. hopefully one last question.. when i use the impact gun to secure the mount on top of the strut, will should the spring still be able to turn some when car still off the ground and no vehicle weight on spring? I used impact gun but could still turn spring and i am now wondering if i went tight enough..

NEVER use an impact to install mounts.

The nut gets torqued to 44ft lbs IIRC, but that has nothing to do with the spring being able to move that’s only securing the mount/bearing to the shaft.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
No rubbing and I didn't remove anything from the rear. I still have more room to go lower front and rear.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have enough threads front and back to tuck the top of the tires...but I've found the car to ride very poorly at that height. When turned all the way down...the suspension travel is greatly reduced.

Tony Sparta Evo

I have enough threads front and back to tuck the top of the tires...but I've found the car to ride very poorly at that height. When turned all the way down...the suspension travel is greatly reduced.
Makes sense that it would tbh, I’m thinking I wind the front down a little more (few mm only) and 5mm spacers on the rear, maybe 3mm on the front (I might need to space the front anyway due to the brake kit with 6 posts going on there soon)

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have mine set to where the front lower control arm is parallel to the ground. From what I've read for the longest time...it gives the best "performance". Set the front and set the rear fender gap to match the front. The other thing you can to to visually reduce the fender gap...is to run spacers. This will push the wheel out and reduce the sunk in hovercraft look.

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
I’m sure some one had probably answered this before but does anyone know how to adjust the dampening on the B16 coilovers. I hear you have to reset back to zero then set it to the desired hardness level. Is that true?