GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Frank is good if you can look past some shit about him saying that some of your parts he doesn't like.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed. I won't be working with him directly so I won't have to hear the BS.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Yeah hopefully he can just tune it and leave it be and you can enjoy your car.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I thought I would leave this here. I did post it in a thread of mine.

I did some research trying to find a comparison of two 265 L/hr pumps; the DW65v and the A35HV-Quantum. Yesterday I found that RC Engineering tested both pumps and the results were emailed to me.

Given that our oem pump controller delivers up to 17 or 18 amps, and our low pressure system will only go to 95 psi (6.6. bar), I see both pumps will reach 95 psi at 12.8 amps for the DW65v to produce 149L/hr, and 95 psi at 11.1 amps for the A35HV-Quantum to produce 183 L/hr. So, and obviously, both pumps will produce max pressure within the system as allowed by the filter's built-in regulator. And will do so at 12.8 and 11.1 amps...well within the maximum amps of 17 from the oem controller. I now wonder if my PM3 is even necessary, but I will continue running it because I have it, and because;
When I installed my PM3, I also removed the USP high flow pump and reinstalled the old oem pump...I saw the PM3 only increased the pressure by 7 psi or 0.5 bar when maintaining its minimum pressure high into the revs. TI suppose a gain is a gain, right?

Anyway, the new pump will help and the PM3 will not hurt. Happy to have found the results. It helped with making the decision to get the Quantum pump. Quantum has a lifetime warranty and the DW65v is just for three years.

Last edited:

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I used the DW65v with the PM3 with the FWD & AWD +K04 setup and it was working well. After installing again the EFR7163 turbozentrum kit I had a drop in the low pressure fueling, so I replaced the DW65v LPFP by BAR-TEK 700hp LPFP and it works very good till now with the PM3. The minimum reaches so far is 3.3bar in7200rpm, I am thinking to add the APR LPFP AWD to it to make sure that LPFP won't drop below 3bar. Also, I am planning later to go for custom LPFP with PagParts and PM4 when I go for a bigger turbo kit!

Link for BAR-TEK LPFP
https://www.bar-tek-tuning.com/2-0l-low-pressure-upgrade-fuel-pump

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Both APR and even GIAC have a second pump kit for big turbo upgrades, right? The PM4 is needed for a secondary pump, correct?

I don't have enough info about the APR or GIAC LPFP solutions but I remember that I read somewhere that the APR LPFP starts from 3bar in order to guarantee that the LPFP won't go lower than 3bar and it works over CAN not using boost connection like USP, CTS kits. I hope that someone here can help us and give full details about it because I think there are few people here are using the APR kit.

PM4 is needed to control one or two pumps without the need for OEM or other PWM. For example, if you have custom LPFP with one or two Walbro 450 or 525 Then you will need the PM4. Or if you have the DW65v or similar pump installed then the PM4 will be needed.

For now, I have the BAR-TEK 700hp LPFP and it works very well till now with the PM3, the lowest pressure was 3.3bar with acceptable lambda numbers too. I just want to know more about the APR LPFP solution before going for it.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Yeah, hopefully another will chime in. I had a lengthy discussion with GIAC about theirs and theirs too was boost controlled. I haven't looked further into GIAC or APR's because with just a K04, PM3 and a LPFP upgrade...more is really not needed.

But damn, I wish they had the PM4 when I got the PM3. Or maybe the PM4 was available and I just didn't know it could do the same as the PM3 but also eliminates the oem PWM. I had spoken to Torqbyte and was awaiting their own PWM/controller to replace the oem controller. I saw when they placed it on their site...and quickly it was gone. Perhaps that is when the PM4 arrived on their site.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Today the Quantum may have just died after one month. Driving normal it's fine. But when I floored it, it popped and backfired and there was no power. Checking the pressure with it parked on vcds it looks fine...just like when driving normally. Actual low pressure stays right with the target. Under load it dives very low.

Codes were P310B and P0087. Ran the data and the low target was 5.8 and at about 3k rpm, the actual was already dropping below target and continued to drop to 1.3 bar by 6k rpm...causing the high pressure to drop into the 30 bar range.

Tomorrow I am hooking up a gauge to check actual gauge pressure. Already called Quantum and they are sending me another pump. Not sure how often I want to go through this with their lifetime warranty. Today I learned Quantum sends a free pump out with no questions asked and no charge if failure is under 90 days. But they charge shipping, maybe handling too, for warranty beyond the 90 days.

I'll update more when more is learned.