GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
How's that bottom oring?

right? Not getting much help so I have a used stock fuel sending unit on the way. I'll just take that one apart and figure things out the hard way I guess

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Well u can put that oring in the groove like the oem one or put it not in the groove like it's needed to seal. U know the pump is seated by if the top fits correctly.

That itself was an issue for me too cause I didn't know what "normal" or stock was like any more after taking it apart. I had trouble and was not able to get the pump onto the oring and into the basket deep enough in retrospect. The bottom of the pump does seem to engage slightly with the port on the basket if anyone is curious. The stock pump I bought off car-part came on Friday and I got to see for myself how everything is supposed to fit again.

I have some slick honey suspension component grease for my mountain bikes I was going to try on the oring & give it another shot in a couple of days when I have some time and hopefully be done with it once and for all. I don't have a vag com but I might be able to recruit someone locally to do some logging on the HighFlowFuels pump once this ordeal is behind me.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I have a question for those that have installed a DW65v or another pump that uses the stock basket.
Can you feel the port engage with the port on the basket when reassembling?
I did everything per the install guide but I feel something is not sealing. I'm getting fuel starvation at 1/4 tank but it re-primes and runs just fine.

I am in for the same issue for the first time, I have the same on my Rocco. I installed it on two cars before without any problems but unfortunately it happened with me :thumbdown:

The car isn't starting normally and take few seconds in order to have the ignition started, then I got low pressure fault.

Here are the pics and videos.

This video when starting the ignition and the car was parked for 2 days.
https://vimeo.com/171534762

This one the car was parked for few hours!
https://vimeo.com/171534945

Some times it took more than this few seconds and the RPM become hesitated going above and below the 1000RPM for few seconds then it become stable and I got the same low pressure fault too.

I guess I have to check the pump and sealing and everything again :iono:

Any ideas?!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
I guess you are right because I got the following faults while I was reversing down on the mechanic workshop ramp and the ignition turned off and the car stopped, and when I checked the LPFP controller I found it extremely HOT!

I ordered the PM3 and hopefully it will solve this issue.
The point now that I am not sure I can travel by car these days as it could stop at any time of the controller goes hot more than the average [emoji57][emoji34]

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
LPFP pressure problem

Still having problem with my DW65v, it happen once the car is parked for long time or few days. Today the car didn't start from the first time and it failed to start then I tried another time and it started after while!
The tank is almost 1/4 full and I mainly face this issue when it is not full of petrol. :iono:

I took off the LPFP and inspect everything and re-assemble it again.

DW65v Check.JPG

Installed the LPFP in tank again but still have the same faults. So, checked the following ross-tech articles:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16471/P0087/000135

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/2.0l_TFSI_(AXX/BGB/BPJ/BPY/BWA)#Checking_Fuel_Pressure

and did the requested groups check and here are the results :mad0259:

Fuel pressure 01.jpg

Fuel pressure 02.jpg

The Current Fuel Pressure dropped down to 2.x bar when I press hard and release the acceleration pedal to test it.

Note: The PM3 controller is installed perfectly.

All ideas are more than welcome

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Looks like since it's not meeting the requested its maxing out the duty at idle. Your duty at idle should be half of 91.8

I usually use blocks 230 and 231 when looking at fuel pressure