GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best way to sell crashed Golf Mk V

Carbon123

Car(s)
Golf Mk5 GT TDI 140
Hi, sadly my wife crashed the family Golf last year, and it's a write-off, but thankfully all are well. I bought it back from the insurance company hoping to sell it for parts. I'd be grateful for any advice regarding this - should I advertise it as a whole, or try to sell parts individually (eg, wheels, interior etc)? The front end is no good, but engine should be fine, and I'd just fitted a re-manufactured turbo charger - it was going very well with 150,000m on the clock and in good condition generally. It's a silver 2006 Golf Mk 5 GT TDi 140 (2.0L). Thanks for any inputs!

Joseph568

Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN Golf Plus
I'm sorry your wife is in this situation, I think you should advertise the whole car. And why was the car written off if it was on the move?

Last edited:

Lavakio

Car(s)
2020 Volkswagen Golf
Oh yeah, I'm sure there's obviously something wrong with your insurance company, think about changing it. Of course, it's easier for the bad company to say the car is beyond repair. It's cheaper and less trouble for them. I had a similar situation. When I had an accident, they told me right away that the car could not be repaired. I went to the car service and it turned out that there was no problem at all. I didn't fix it, of course, but sold it. Then I took out a loan for a new one and took out insurance through https://www.car.co.uk/motor-insurance. Now I'm not afraid of a possible accident.

Last edited: