GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best upgrade on a budget?

xeclipse631x

The old soul
Car(s)
Lawnmower
So I've been debating for a few weeks and I'm not too certain. I have about $250 to spend, and I don't know what to use it on. In your opinion, whats the best engine/exhaust upgrade for around $250? :iono:

I know its not much - our cars are expensive to work on. But even something small. Let me know what you think.

Rev685

Ready to race!
Car=life. Downpipe or CAI ;-)

Chi_GTI_2009

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
lol

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Save for the Stage 1. Or, better yet, charge it now and pay for it later. $250 mods won't make much of a difference until you go Stage 1, while Stage 1 will make your car feel like a whole different animal.

Why drive your car in its current suck-ass state for the next 6 months when you can have it at Stage 1, and thoroughly enjoy those miles? That's my philosophy anyway, but I have irresponsible spending habits.

grada89

Go Kart Champion
I say go low and slow.

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
Keep you money and take out your passenger and rear seats! Also take out your spare tire! That will shed a few hundred pounds making your car feel faster, but you win cause you didnt spend a dime!!

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
the best I can suggest is VAG-COM a micro-can, and that should do for that $250, it is well worth it!! you can diagnose the car with your laptop and do other mods to it just by VAG-COMing the features of the car.

http://www.ross-tech.com

So I've been debating for a few weeks and I'm not too certain. I have about $250 to spend, and I don't know what to use it on. In your opinion, whats the best engine/exhaust upgrade for around $250? :iono:

I know its not much - our cars are expensive to work on. But even something small. Let me know what you think.

Last edited: