GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Lens for Car Photography??

Kristian

my name isn't Kristian
Car(s)
Golf 1.4
I know it's probably down to personal preference but i'm new to car photography and would like to hear some opinions ;)

Also, does picture from Flickr show what lens the pic was taken with??

Thanks

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
imo, cars look better at longer focal lengths. this was shot at 200mm:

x2 i use my nikkor 70-300 vr on my bros truck and the pictures come out better than using any other lens. standing further away cuts the shadow of yourself in the picture too if you are using all natural light.

Kristian

my name isn't Kristian
Car(s)
Golf 1.4
yeah i can understand that now thinking about it. That's a decent image. I was thinking about a Nikkor 18-200mm lens as they cover a wide range and aren't too expensive

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
yeah i can understand that now thinking about it. That's a decent image. I was thinking about a Nikkor 18-200mm lens as they cover a wide range and aren't too expensive

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/644744-USA/Nikon_2192_AF_S_DX_NIKKOR_18_200mm.html

^probably going to be the cheapest you will find one that is brand new and has a USA warranty rather than imported like a majority of adorama's stuff (i dont recommend buying from them at all.)

def. add on a uv filter to protect your lens too. It's cheaper to buy a new filter than get your lens fixed. :wink:

HelenOster

Adorama Camera
Message from Helen Oster at Adorama Camera

........the cheapest you will find one that is brand new and has a USA warranty rather than imported like a majority of adorama's stuff

I really must put you right on that!

Adorama sells very few direct import items, and those that are, are very clearly marked on our website.
In addition, as an authorized reseller we never sell direct import camera bodies.

If a customer selects a direct import item, and we have the US version in stock, we will send that out at the lower direct import price.

The very few direct import items that we sell - for example a few of our lenses - all come with an identical warranty to that provided by the manufacturer. The only difference is that a faulty item would need to be returned to Adorama, rather than to the manufacturer.

omegach

Banned
I really must put you right on that!

Adorama sells very few direct import items, and those that are, are very clearly marked on our website.
In addition, as an authorized reseller we never sell direct import camera bodies.

If a customer selects a direct import item, and we have the US version in stock, we will send that out at the lower direct import price.

The very few direct import items that we sell - for example a few of our lenses - all come with an identical warranty to that provided by the manufacturer. The only difference is that a faulty item would need to be returned to Adorama, rather than to the manufacturer.
holy cow, helen. i knew you browsed fredmiranda, but i never thought i'd see you posting here, on a car forum. haha.

HelenOster

Adorama Camera
holy cow, helen. i knew you browsed fredmiranda, but i never thought i'd see you posting here, on a car forum. haha.

You'd be amazed where I show up; paintballing forums, skateboarders, shooters, train spotters, skiiers..... wherever there are Adorama customers, I'm there to offer advice, info and after-sales support!!