GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best high performance spark plugs?

Alik4041

Habibi!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
Iridium last longer, but I personally recommend stock. A lot of the people that have gone colder have reverted back to stock after encountering different issues. Just my .02

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
How about those pulse plug things?

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
plustars suck, the tips explode off. dont waist your time. I tried them. Stock is the best.

twiggyapt

____ryan__jackson
Car(s)
07' Gti
Iridium last longer and colder.. but OEM is the best fit for our cars because chances are.. you are not going to drive your car like a race car 24/7 so colder spark plugs are not really necessary at all!

been there done that.. save your money for OEM!

STR8SHOOTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
Guys dont like to hear the word STOCK, But they do work the best...

KingEgi

Design....Innovate
Car(s)
2006 GTI Mkv
the NGK 1 step colder is what i currently use and its great. I live in a state where the temps are 97+ for 9 months out of the year and 1 step colder allows me to run my tune without drastic timing pull. In the winter, its runs like a bat out of hell :wink:

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Both APR and my APR dealer have strongly advised against running an Iridium plug. I'm currently running the NGK/Audi OEM platinum plug that is one step colder, with good success so far - PFR8S8EG

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
The new oem ones are really good. I've used them as well as NGK-Laser Platinum PFR7S8EG. The colder plugs(heat range-code 8) are only necessary if you are racing and running very hot for long periods of time or early detonation is causing misfires. Best to stay with the 1st two.

Colder NGK plugs from a 2010 A6 3.0 supercharged=PFR8S8EG

Last edited: