GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Before & After - Winter Conversion Thread

Before:

Totally stock.

After:

Thanks F37150 for the after pic!:thumbsup:

I regret not getting bigger winter tires and winter rims.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
It's not a golf, but it sure is pretty.

goldn

capt. no dub
Car(s)
E91
looking at your car, did you only change the rear bumper? sides still look stock. The back looks amazing though. :thumbsup:

you got it, rear bumper and a subtle :wink: turboback exhaust.
i've got a euro-lip up front... barely hanging on.
otherwise, car cosmetics are stock.

MitchPope

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV R32
Ya, too early, IMHO. I got my winter tires/steelies last week, but I'm not mounting them yet. It was 17C and sunny today in Ottawa. 18C and sunny tomorrow. No snow or sub-zero degree temps in the 14-day forecast. So, I won't be mounting them for a while, I guess :thumbsup: Winter tires are meant for colder temps and are made with softer rubber. Using them now, you are just wearing them away at a much faster rate. I do my own mounting, so I'm holding-off until the last moment.

If your tires are brand new, they will be covered with all of those little rubber fingers left over from the tire mold, you want the higher temperatures to wear these away faster so that you'll actually have contact between the sipes and the road when the iceman cometh. My ESP kicked in yesterday because I really don't have full contact with the road yet.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Can't wait to get my tires and steelies. I was thinking of either getting wheel covers to make it look more like a regular Golf or to put chrome rings around the lip.

C_Block

Fast
Car(s)
Gti mkv
Before:
IMG00059.jpg
After:
stock.jpg
stock1.jpg
winter.jpg
Blizzak tires, sweet in the snow.
Oh and i know your going to ask me, wheres the fog grill. I'm waiting on get some jetta once. And for the gti onces, i tried making open honey cone. It was just way too much work for me.

C_Block

Fast
Car(s)
Gti mkv