GOLFMKV

Before & After - Winter Conversion Thread

goldn

capt. no dub
Car(s)
E91
Well...
I'm going to miss my summer set up.
Post up your before and after car pictures here - Show us what you've got!
Pics for clicks:
Before

After

Let It Snow!

gtimkvftw

18dogbaby
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI 6MT
I'm waiting for tires23 to get mine in stock. Everyone is putting winters on already? Is it cold enough? I was going to paint mine before I put them on anyways so it'll be at least a couple weeks before mine go on.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Before:

After:

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
i'm still waiting

goldn

capt. no dub
Car(s)
E91
i was going to wait longer, but figured i would rather have them on, then be caught out when it snows with the summer contis.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
i was going to wait longer, but figured i would rather have them on, then be caught out when it snows with the summer contis.

but that makes it fun...lol...mine are going on at the next oil change, have to get them balanced. should be a couple weeks away...but given the weather of late, i dunno

poopooegg

Too Poor To Mod
Car(s)
VW GTI
I had mine on for a week now..

My car looks horrible now..
Tried to LC.. it was sliding.. lol

lol i think LC is going to melt your winter tires faster... next thing you know you'll be hauling tarmac.

Here's my winter mode:

Forgot to take a picture before the summer tires went off...

poopooegg

Too Poor To Mod
Car(s)
VW GTI

looking at your car, did you only change the rear bumper? sides still look stock. The back looks amazing though. :thumbsup:

on.your.left

Ready to race!
I'm waiting for tires23 to get mine in stock. Everyone is putting winters on already? Is it cold enough? I was going to paint mine before I put them on anyways so it'll be at least a couple weeks before mine go on.

Ya, too early, IMHO. I got my winter tires/steelies last week, but I'm not mounting them yet. It was 17C and sunny today in Ottawa. 18C and sunny tomorrow. No snow or sub-zero degree temps in the 14-day forecast. So, I won't be mounting them for a while, I guess :thumbsup: Winter tires are meant for colder temps and are made with softer rubber. Using them now, you are just wearing them away at a much faster rate. I do my own mounting, so I'm holding-off until the last moment.

Ya, too early, IMHO. I got my winter tires/steelies last week, but I'm not mounting them yet. It was 17C and sunny today in Ottawa. 18C and sunny tomorrow. No snow or sub-zero degree temps in the 14-day forecast. So, I won't be mounting them for a while, I guess :thumbsup: Winter tires are meant for colder temps and are made with softer rubber. Using them now, you are just wearing them away at a much faster rate. I do my own mounting, so I'm holding-off until the last moment.

^ Good point. I put it on way too early. Last couple weeks the weather was terrible, so I thought it was gonna snow soon :mad0259:

natskiboy

Ready to race!
I put mine on that day it snowed (a little)

I leave for work early and didnt want to risk being stuck on summer tires, besides I value my summer tires more than my winter tires.

Next week temps should drop to 5C

NinjaNikki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 UG GTI
Before:

Totally stock.

After:

Thanks F37150 for the after pic!:thumbsup: