GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BBS making BLQ reps

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
It looks like BBS Germany is introducing the new RX-R wheel, which is a blatant ripoff of the Rotiform BLQ:

RX-R

More info

BLQ:

And of course, the BLQ is actually an homage (edit: sarcasm) to the LP560-4 wheel:

BBS is making a replica of a replica? Discuss.

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
BBS is ripping off Rotiform
Rotiform is paying homage to the LP560

... Why isnt Rotiform ripping off the LP560s? Am I missing something?

sarcasm :wink:
The Lambo wheels are probably made by BBS for all we know. BBS originally made the CH wheel for the 360 Challenge as OEM before introducing to the wider market soon after.

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
I def don't consider Rotiform a Rep only company, they do have many unique style. Its also pretty hard to consider unique 3 piece wheels as "reps". They have also pretty much pioneered the concave movement in the VW/Audi world.

They started as a rep company and has grown into something more. I would definitely not put them in the same category as Miro, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like Rotiform and a lot of the wheels they have made, but attributing a design to someone who copied it is annoying.

RPF1

SQUARE!SPOKES
I def don't consider Rotiform a Rep only company, they do have many unique style. Its also pretty hard to consider unique 3 piece wheels as "reps". They have also pretty much pioneered the concave movement in the VW/Audi world.

I agree with this. They really blew up this last year or two..

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
^^money