GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bay Area Suspension Install hook-up / help?

gerghk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI BMP Pkg 2
Got my coils last week, but now they're sitting in the garage. Was gonna have the "$40+case of beer" dude on the vortex norcal forums help me out, but he's gotten really busy...

Anyone know of a reputable shop that'll do it for ~150ish?

Otherwise I'd really appreciate it if an experienced weekend mechanic can help me out with this. I don't have any of the specialty tools (ie. Strut spreader bit, Strut Nut tool / impact wrench, triple square bits, spring compressor), but have most of the usual sockets and wrenches covered. I've done brakes before (pads + lines + bleed) no problem, but suspension is a little more daunting with compressed springs and all. I love tinkering with and taking stuff apart, so I'd love to help out and learn!

Thanks in advance! Please help me get my car some LOWWWWW :bow:

gerghk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI BMP Pkg 2
o oops I guess a search turned up this member named Julio and his friend Jose who'll do it for cheap.

Anyone know how I can get in touch with him?

(actually I remember Steve mentioning this to me at the Starbucks thing 2 weeks ago, I'm sure all of you south bay guys can help me out :D)

JulioVR6

Norcal FTW
Car(s)
2008 R32 81-5k
PM'd :thumbsup:

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
I would recommend them as well. I've got suspension done by them on both my rabbits. They do a quick job and for a decent price as well.

gerghk

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI BMP Pkg 2
So I got my coils installed last friday by julio and jose, and here's my "review".

Scheduled for 5pm, I got there slightly early. Julio pulls his truck out of the way and guides me into his driveway. A few minutes later, a Vanagon pulls up, and out comes Jose. The dude wastes no time, gives me a nod and gets to work right away; my car's up on jacks in a few blinks. Then comes the awesome part, Jose runs back to the van and starts his air compressor - yes you read that right, he has his van rigged up with an air compressor! The thing is a mobile garage, he's got all the tools in there. With the impact wrench he gets the lug nuts off like it's an F1 pit stop, lol. For some odd reason the small T30 screw holding the rotor was loose on my driver's side, I changed my pads out last month but didn't touch the rotors... either way Jose pointed this out and asked me about what I had done on the brakes, goes to show that he won't just skim over shit and just screw it back in without inquiring about any potential problems. I think I'm being a little too detailed, but all in all the whole install took only an hour and fifteen minutes, bolts torqued to spec, and shazam my car was looking hot as shit. He even noticed my O2 sensor wire dangling around next to my DP and tied it up for me. Overall impression was that Jose is thorough and extremely familiar with the job, and cares to notice other things in your car where possible. They waited patiently as I took it out for a test drive to make sure there were no clunks or pops or bangs, and I can certainly call them up if anything were to go wrong. Oh and in case you were wondering, yes they take the axle bolt out, and they will remind you to buy some from the dealership before the install.

10/10 :thumbsup:

And of course, picssss of the lowered ride :)

Before:

After: