Bargain retrofits for golf mk5 = supply&fit or fitting only

Rate my VW retrofits out of 5!

• Total voters

omeydz

BARGAIN RETROFITS!*PM ME*
Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Hmm where in london?
would you be able to fit the computer that the newer MATCH golfs have to my mk5 04 rabbit? how much would it be?
and what if i wanted a MFSW with it?
i also noticed you have hella celis headlights where did you purchase them? i have a halogen projector set i got from ebay and i want to fit an aftermarket hid kit into them and fit them into my car, do you know if its an easy job? any other help infor would be great :D

cheers

Im in Bexley, Kent DA5. Just off the A2 (very close to Greenwich and woolwich)

If you can source the required cluster, I can fit it as its pre-2006. I can give you details of the required cluster when I have the part number of your current cluster and/or a diagnostic scan of your car.

I can do MFSW used for £330 or £380 for new one. (Round GT - 8 button later style) where I reuse your 3-spoke airbag and rewire it. All electronic modules and wiring, coding, diagnostics and test drive with full explaination all carried out inclusive of the price. IF you dont have a 3-spoke airbag, then you will need to get one.

My headlights are not Celis ones, they are the R32 OEM Bi-xenons which are factory fit to R32 and an expensive option (almost £1k!) on GTI and lower spec golfs. They have the ignitors and ballasts etc all built into them. Were from a 58 plate R32 in mint condition with all parts and bulbs and no damage - was so lucky to find them!

Regarding aftermarket HID kits, provided you can get a kit that is plug and play with your projector headlamps, it is very possible (and you'll pass your MOT too as you have projectors!) I highly recommend sticking to 4300K temperature (higher temperatures will start to compromise your own visibility and wrong colouration and possible police attention)! Install is fairly straightforward in most cases. Just be sure to tap the power supply safely and tidy (makes all the difference in the end and less likely to go wrong). Get a good quality kit and not the cheapest one on ebay as they will not last as long and will compromise your lighting and may trigger your bulb-out light and intermittant ignition of the lights.

Hope this helps,

jk534

Hi Omar,
I have a 2007 MKV 1.9TDI Sport and would like cruise control on it. How much for supply + fitting? I'm in York so I can come up to you in Newcastle quite easily.
Thanks,

VW-MK5

Banned
Im in Bexley, Kent DA5. Just off the A2 (very close to Greenwich and woolwich)

If you can source the required cluster, I can fit it as its pre-2006. I can give you details of the required cluster when I have the part number of your current cluster and/or a diagnostic scan of your car.

I can do MFSW used for £330 or £380 for new one. (Round GT - 8 button later style) where I reuse your 3-spoke airbag and rewire it. All electronic modules and wiring, coding, diagnostics and test drive with full explaination all carried out inclusive of the price. IF you dont have a 3-spoke airbag, then you will need to get one.

My headlights are not Celis ones, they are the R32 OEM Bi-xenons which are factory fit to R32 and an expensive option (almost £1k!) on GTI and lower spec golfs. They have the ignitors and ballasts etc all built into them. Were from a 58 plate R32 in mint condition with all parts and bulbs and no damage - was so lucky to find them!

Regarding aftermarket HID kits, provided you can get a kit that is plug and play with your projector headlamps, it is very possible (and you'll pass your MOT too as you have projectors!) I highly recommend sticking to 4300K temperature (higher temperatures will start to compromise your own visibility and wrong colouration and possible police attention)! Install is fairly straightforward in most cases. Just be sure to tap the power supply safely and tidy (makes all the difference in the end and less likely to go wrong). Get a good quality kit and not the cheapest one on ebay as they will not last as long and will compromise your lighting and may trigger your bulb-out light and intermittant ignition of the lights.

Hope this helps,

hi thanks for your reply, i purchased an aftermarket kit and i want to connect the power wires the red and black one and i was wondering does it matter which way i connect them?
cheers

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
It depends on the ballasts... What does the instructions say? Usually the red connects to red on the front battery supply panel (positive) which should have an in-line fuse for safety.

black (negative) connects to a grounding point.

It should be all documented in the instructions that came with your HID kit.

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Tony's 2007 R32 Manual 6speed:

Fitted cruise control and coded Rear LED lights (cold diagnosis flicker delete)

Flat bottom Multifunctional steering wheel (MK5 or MK6) and RNS510 to come...

Attachments

• Image0058a.jpg
    Image0058a.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 4,182
  • Image0059a.jpg
    Image0059a.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 4,158
  • Image0057.jpg
    Image0057.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 4,082
  • Image0055.jpg
    Image0055.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 4,065
  • Image0056a.jpg
    Image0056a.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 4,372
  • Image0060.jpg
    Image0060.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 4,014
  • Image0061.jpg
    Image0061.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 4,096

jk534

Hi Omar,
I have a 2007 MKV 1.9TDI Sport and would like cruise control on it. How much for supply + fitting? I'm in York so I can come up to you in Newcastle quite easily.
Thanks,

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Hi Omar,
Thanks,

Hi there,

It's £100 supply and fit (if you have a trip computer showing MPG - as yours is a Sport you should have it)

I only use brand new Genuine VW parts

Im in NE2 area of Jesmond next to Ilford Road Metro. I'll be there for about 6 weeks from start of May to mid-June. and then back in London.

Let me know through private message if you want to go ahead,

Regards,

Omar

Last edited:

Swaggga

Car(s)
Volkswagen Golf
Hey there om
getting my car next month, will either be a 1.4 or a 1.6 mkv.
wanted a mfsw and ipod prep + some vag com codding for door chime + window control via the key fob. how much for supply & fit?

thanks

Swag

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Hey there om
getting my car next month, will either be a 1.4 or a 1.6 mkv.
wanted a mfsw and ipod prep + some vag com codding for door chime + window control via the key fob. how much for supply & fit?

thanks

Swag

Hello Swag,

MFSW brand new £360 - 8 button round GT wheel (make sure you get a car with 3 spoke airbag so the airbag can be reused and 05 reg onwards)

Ipod prep in glovebox - £110

Every 2 coding changes £5 (in increments of £5 rounded up - e.g. if you had 3 it would be £10 and not £7.50)

All parts are Genuine VW. Prices are supply and fit with all required wiring and electronic modules etc...

Private message me if interested and I will give you more info and contact details.

Regards,

Omar

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Golf MK6 GT Multifunctional Steering in Golf MK5

With Highline MFD dash, 9 Buttons functional (maybe one more if you have premium bluetooth):

-Vol up and down
-Change track/radiostation -/+
-Telephone (mute/voice control)
-Trip computer up/down/ok
-Right directional button to swtich menu's (depends upon your type of highline dash)

Attachments

• Image0012.jpg
    Image0012.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 4,122
  • Image0013.jpg
    Image0013.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 4,000
  • Image0014.jpg
    Image0014.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3,974
  • Image0016.jpg
    Image0016.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 3,969
  • Image0018.jpg
    Image0018.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 3,982
  • Image0019.jpg
    Image0019.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 3,949
  • Image0021.jpg
    Image0021.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 3,970
  • Image0020.jpg
    Image0020.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 3,974
  • Image0022.jpg
    Image0022.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 4,003

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
VW Scirocco Multifunctional Steering in Golf MK5

Attachments

• DSC01312.jpg
    DSC01312.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 3,938
  • DSC01313.jpg
    DSC01313.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 3,969
  • DSC01314.jpg
    DSC01314.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 4,176

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Richie's 2005 Golf R32 Manual:

Fitted MFD2 Version C Satellite Navigation (Replacing RCD500)

Attachments

• IMG_0367a.jpg
    IMG_0367a.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 4,138
  • IMG_0368a.jpg
    IMG_0368a.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 4,047
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3,927
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 3,927
  • Image0015a.jpg
    Image0015a.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 3,935

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
lol out of curiosty, you said you were a student, how old are you? and where did you learn how to do all this?
Cheers

Im in my twenties :p ! I am self-taught... Invested in the correct tools, made the correct contacts, be a bit entrepreneurial and creative and hey-presto... many happy clients and a nice little hobby! I find it really interesting and Im quite inquisitive so its hardly laborious for me- I enjoy it and helping others achieve what stupid VW stealers say is impossible !! :biggrin:

Last edited:

VW-MK5

Banned
Completely with you there! im in my first year of uni and love my car, hope i know as much as you one day! would like to get the MFSW and the on board computer, but too much for a student to pay right now despite your reasonable prices! Maybe i'll come pay you a vist next year when your in london and ive got a bit more dosh ;)
Just fitted a new set of headlights today, took of the bumper, everything went to plan,
Well Pleased!