Bargain retrofits for golf mk5 = supply&fit or fitting only

Rate my VW retrofits out of 5!

• Total voters

omeydz

BARGAIN RETROFITS!*PM ME*
Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Hi,

As you probably know im a BIG Golf Mk5 enthusiast. Love working on them and other MK5 platform cars!

I want to expand on this and help the many MK5-platform owners with their retrofit needs and not get ripped off by VW dealers or rip-off mod companies.

I myself started with a 2007 Golf MK5 1.4S and have done a lot of OEM upgrades to it and to name a few:

-Cruise control
-Multifunction steering
-OEM Premium bluetooth
-Ipod Prep/CD Changer/MDI
-Armrest
-RCD300/310/500/510, RNS310/510, MFD2 DVD, MFD3
-Control module coding (Coming/Leaving home lights,Seatbelt chime, Anti-hijack locking, Auto unlocking etc etc....)
-Fault Scanning and full diagnostics
-Upgrade dash/instrument cluster to Midline/Highline MFD (Fitting, coding and mileage correction ONLY for cars up to 2006 manufacture) - you supply the instrument cluster (contact me for advice on which cluster you need /will work on your car)
-Canbus OEM upgrade (stops battery drain fitting MFD3 generation units)
-DSG paddleshift
-Airbag wiring
-Retrofit 12 button MFSW from Golf MK6/Scirocco and DSG too.
-OEM R32 Bi-xenon Headlights
-Front and Rear Bumper swaps i.e. to GTI/JETTA/GT/R32 (fitting only)
-OEM Power Folding mirrors with ambient Puddle lights

I CAN NOW DO FULL INSTRUMENT CLUSTER SWAPS AND UPGRADES TO HIGHLINE ON VW'S UPTO mid-2006 INCLUDING MILEAGE ADJUSTMENT, IMMOBILIZER WORK, KEY MATCHING AND CODING AND CALIBRATION!!

...and much much more!!!!

Willing to Supply and Fit or Fitting only.

I use only the latest VCDS / Vagcom systems from Rosstech- Genuine (for your peace of mind) not cheap clone ebay rubbish!

My prices are VERY reasonable. Usually cheaper Supply and Fit prices than what you find only price of parts for!

Fitting carried out in Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 and London (Bexley), DA5. No mobile service I'm afraid.

While-you-wait service OR book in your car and collect on completion of work (required for extensive work)

Contact me if you want to know anything or like a quote for work.

Any enquiries most welcome.

References can be provided from clients I have carried out work for. Ask what they think of my service and their retrofits!

See pics of work I've carried out on some of my clients' cars in this thread.

Last edited:

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
here is some pics of some of my very early mods

Cruise control

RCD300 to MFD2 DVD Navi

Lowline - highline cluster

See the rest of the thread for my many mods Iv done on many many cars :)

Enjoy

Attachments

• Image032.jpg
    Image032.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 23,388
  • highline+mfsw.jpg
    highline+mfsw.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 23,068
  • mfsw.jpg
    mfsw.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 22,884
  • Image031.jpg
    Image031.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 22,903
  • mfd2.jpg
    mfd2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 32,272
Last edited:

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
you need the main armrest chassis, the covering trim (matching the rest of your interior) armrest ducting and centre console duct pipes to connect to main circulation to make use of rear vents.

just need to have a t20 torx and reasonable dexterity to remove the centre console trim and add the ducts and screw everything down. remember to run your wire for CDC/ipod dock before reassembly too.

hope this helps!

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Due to summer vacations, I will now be accepting bookings for work from start of September 2010...

just message me for quotes or questions you may have!

kind regards, Omar

markyd

Ready to race!
Would you be able to make the boot of a 1.4 MkV pop open using the key as with the GTi? Seen a tutorial posted on here somwhere, but way too confusing for me lol

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Hi, yes it should be no problem. simple change of coding.

however the tailgate will only rise after you have installed the new components.

without the more powerful strut components, and the coding adjusted, it will unlatch itself (like when you pull up the bottom half of the VW logo) but not rise up.

hope this helps, thanks

markyd

Ready to race!
Ok cool thanks, don't suppose you know what components they are? And would be able to supply them? I would pay for all components, and how much would you want for the whole job? Thanks

Silver89

Passed Driver's Ed
I've just realized that you can have the heaters on your feet and face at the same time from you picture haha, I'd only ever used them in the actual positions not in between!

Mike-B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK V Golf GT
I've just realized that you can have the heaters on your feet and face at the same time from you picture haha, I'd only ever used them in the actual positions not in between!

Rofl that makes two of us !!!

Well bugger me... you learn somthing every day !!!!

:thumbup:

Last edited:

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
just a little update of my fancy work on a 2005 caddy :) enjoy

Scirocco Flat bottom MFSW
RNS510
Canbus upgrade
Interior seats upgraded
VW Premium iphone bluetooth via RNS510

Attachments

• DSC01431a.JPG
    DSC01431a.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 36,606

omeydz

Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
Are you still fitting Cruise control ect.. I live in Durham and want some stuff fitting?

Tom

Hi Tom, Im very much in the business still! Thats not a problem, I'd be happy to work on your car.

If you could kindly PM me the details and reg of your car and what you'd like (supply and fit or fitting only) and Ill let you know whats involved and cost.

Regards, Omar