GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad jumpstart

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Agree that it needs to be scanned and scanned with a tool that will look at all modules installed(not just engine, trans, abs)on that particular car and see what it shows and if it can be cleared, if a module is dead or offline you will not get any info from it and can not clear Dtc.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
Agree that it needs to be scanned and scanned with a tool that will look at all modules installed(not just engine, trans, abs)on that particular car and see what it shows and if it can be cleared, if a module is dead or offline you will not get any info from it and can not clear Dtc.
@GTI's - Your Knowledge is great Obe-Wan. I know nothing about Vag-Com, VCDS, Can-Bus Architecture, or most of the stuff you can do with a smart phone. I have learned that without that knowledge, diagnosing problems on these cars is "poke & hope". Is there a tutorial in here I can access do you know? I do want to learn. ?

doc280

Ready to race!
@GTI's - Your Knowledge is great Obe-Wan. I know nothing about Vag-Com, VCDS, Can-Bus Architecture, or most of the stuff you can do with a smart phone. I have learned that without that knowledge, diagnosing problems on these cars is "poke & hope". Is there a tutorial in here I can access do you know? I do want to learn.?
This is the reason I am suggesting Carista, it is all check block when you open the app. Otherwise idiot prof.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Vcds will do the same thing all you need to do is run an Auto Scan, one button then it goes through every module in car and makes a report that you can save and send out to others. If you want to clear all DTC in the report just press another button. One of the benefits of VCDS is that you also have the ability to use their forums if you have any issues or need help.

doc280

Ready to race!
Vcds will do the same thing all you need to do is run an Auto Scan, one button then it goes through every module in car and makes a report that you can save and send out to others. If you want to clear all DTC in the report just press another button. One of the benefits of VCDS is that you also have the ability to use their forums if you have any issues or need help.
Cool

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
I made the mistake of letting a friend hook up the jumper cables to his car. I assumed he could handle red to red and black to black but apperently not. I jumped the car with the cables on backwards, and instantly the horn of my gti began to blare and the headlight washers shot out and began to spray fluid. We jumped it the right way after that but it couldn’t run on it’s own without giving it throttle. I drove it around the parking lot and it ran fine but then it beeped and the check engine light, along with the epc light and the traction control light came on. I left it as is because I feared I’d mess it up more. I should also note radio lights and radio itself quit working. Any thoughts? 2006 gti 2.0L

Any updates on what you have found. Hopefully just a battery.