GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Baby got a new toy today...

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Look what arrived in the mail... :biggrin:

So I get to work with some help from my little assistant. Installation was pretty simple, except some of the clips that held the air pipe onto my car were different than the ones in the instruction manual and taking them off was a major pain. Guess it's something to do with being an "old" GTI.
In any case, 45 minutes later, all done...

Left the car running for about 15 minutes so that the computer could get used to the new airflow, then took her out to fill her up with gas... throttle is a bit more responsive, she's behaving a bit better and there's a slightly nicer noise coming from the front (guess the intake chamber is more pleasing accoustically than the old plastic one with the lid off). Very pleased with the result.
More to come, hopefully by the end of the month...

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
looks sweet hope i get my 1 soon

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
how much are they worth to buy?

anyone know if it is available in Australia?

SSS_Hoon

cmdrfire

believe it or not it took 15 minutes to put it on the car, after reading the instructions twice.

I can believe that - it's a surprisingly easy mod. Like I said, the only trouble I had was to do with a different holding mechanism on my air pipe to that in the manual (and, it seems, everywhere else - even that "remove engine cover" guide on vwvortex shows the newer-style clips as opposed to the 3 dogs + insert things I had). If I were to do it again I could probably get it down to 15-20 mins.

SSS_Hoon, I got mine for around US$280.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
i personally cant justify 350 usd for that....

cmdrfire

Where'd you get US$350 from AxMan?

US$280 is still a lot, I know, but it comes with a good air filter and the carbon fibre box is just nice. I wouldn't have considered the unit if my OEM air box hadn't broken.

Oh, and the US exchange rate is most favourable to me at the moment as well :D so it worked out quite nicely...

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
well ive seen it for 349 online somewhere. and yeah since the euro is worth about 1.23 usd then the exchange is good if your buying crap from the states....

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
I don't really see how an intake like that can provide that much of a gain over the factory inlet... The carbonio guy and i talked about it for a good 20 mins at Waterfest... haha He tried his best.

All I know is that with my Neuspeed intake I was holding 16psi to 5krpm before and after I'm holding 18psi till 5krpm and I only spend $150...

I have to admit though... the Carbonio intake does look relly nice.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
the neuspeed and evoms are alot more free flowing than a carbon fiber'd piece and drop in filter, just wish the p-flo had a heat sheild like the evoms intake.... and i to noticed an increase in boost when i put the p-flo in, it went from 10 psi stock to around 12