GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[b] GTI or R32 front end ? [/b]

dRiiFt3R

Pro
Car(s)
05 MK5 Golf FSI
Hey all just wondering if anyone knows where I can buy either a GTI front end or R32 that'll fit a MK5 2005 FSI Golf and how much I can expect to pay thanks.

Byza

Haters unite!!!
so you want basically bumper, fogs/lights, centre grill & guard? are you looking to update the headlights?

mate i would think you wont get any change out of $1,000... and this wont include headlights.

fog light are $95 cost x 2 - $190
guard and top grill is - $145 cost
fog grills would be $150 for open fogs or buy 2nd set - $50
Bumper - approx $500 plus paint (not sure if lower shirt is included which may add further cost)
lower centre grill - probably $80

that just a quick estimate... a 32 front would be more as different finishes etc...

dRiiFt3R

Pro
Car(s)
05 MK5 Golf FSI
Mmm yeah bit pricey ... Found 1MK5 Euro GTI Look Front Bumper for MK5 Rabbit
[150006]

USD$469.99

That's of parts4euro.com any idea how much shipping would be?

Byza

Haters unite!!!
i would think probably US$200 but send them an email... does that include everything? Painted?

its still AUS$580 plus postage.. using approx US$200... still AUS$830 plus paint... i would not think that includes the actual fogs either with is another $190... i wasnt to far off anyway pending on your connections with paint... would probably being couple of hundred for paint bumper aswell..

dRiiFt3R

Pro
Car(s)
05 MK5 Golf FSI
Yeah comes with foGs. And I know a painter that looks after me for motocross so idk how much he"ll charge me but I want to get my whole car colour coded so I'm not going to hAlf ass it. But saving for Canada at end of the year so could be a problem and I can't stand looking at a standard golf without wheels plus bit hard to save while still at school ):

Byza

Haters unite!!!
mate i wouldnt worry about changing the front to be honest.. my suggestion would be leave the rabbit front end and go a badgeless front instead..

there is a few guys who have done it in the US so maybe search it... this is a far cheaper alternative for you, will change the look cheaply but also frees up monies for other mods ie lowering... the other thing is that in AUS people will give you shit for putting GTI front on when its not a GTI.. in the states no, but here you probably will... trust me on this LOL...

for the money it will cost, you can do badgeless, lower and should be able to colour code with your mates help... it will look better doing this...

just my 2c

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
How about starting with a Jetta front? Plus the 16" alloys - as used by Mk VI!

It might be easier/cheaper to begin with and you can customise it from there.

I think the advice above is good; colour code and go for the other upgrades when you can afford them - or just trade into a GTI in the future. :)

dRiiFt3R

Pro
Car(s)
05 MK5 Golf FSI
mate i wouldnt worry about changing the front to be honest.. my suggestion would be leave the rabbit front end and go a badgeless front instead..

there is a few guys who have done it in the US so maybe search it... this is a far cheaper alternative for you, will change the look cheaply but also frees up monies for other mods ie lowering... the other thing is that in AUS people will give you shit for putting GTI front on when its not a GTI.. in the states no, but here you probably will... trust me on this LOL...

for the money it will cost, you can do badgeless, lower and should be able to colour code with your mates help... it will look better doing this...

just my 2c

Yeah that might be the go. Do you reckon badgeless grill or grill with mesh and emblem slot?

dRiiFt3R

Pro
Car(s)
05 MK5 Golf FSI
Is there any Aussie sites that might sell em ? Cause without the shipping it's almost worth it

NSJ202

Banned
If you colour code the back, get the R32 or GTI rear bar, the stock FSI one looks shit colour coded.
Also leave the little bit of black on the middle of the lower.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Here's another GTI grille (again, with a minor crack, as some seem to get):
http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94705

As for sourcing a MkV GTI, Jetta or similar bumper, can your local wrecker check a database/listing or whatever of all wreckers in your city/town? Hopefully it's an option.

Hope this helps.