GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Mania (Catback + CCB Intake Install)

manol

Professional Jerk
Car(s)
GTI 2.0 TFSI
Hey guys,

I am very excited to announce that I now have a Whiteline RSB on my car courtesy of DRMAT, and an AWE Tuning Catback Exhuast and AWE Tuning Carbon Fibre Intake installed on my car.

This is just a normal thread where I state I have all of these things but I only have pictures proving I only have one of them :thumbsup:.

Basically, BigYellow really sucks at taking pictures because he's scared of angle grinders :lol: and so therefore I do not have pictures of my new exhaust.

So anyway here are some low quality iPhone pics of the intake install, but I will take some proper pictures of the final install of both items once I get my engine bay washed, as its fucking filthy atm :(.

And thats the final product!

The exhaust took some cutting and trimming to fit 100% and to get center with the rear valance and the exhaust cut outs, but nothing too major.

Now, it's the time to talk shit about the products! The quality of the intake was really good and I was really impressed, the quality of the documentation that came with it though was not so great. Basically the TSI and FSI installation instructions were on the same sheet which led to much confusion and when putting on the final carbon fiber cover it wasn't too clear as to what must be done first, which meant there are still some washer plugs missing that join the top and bottom parts of the intake together missing, which doesn't hamper the performance in any way or make it less stable. The other poor part was the rubber provided with the intake to make a seal at the front of it wasn't very good at all and left a nasty residue where it was placed, and was just cheap and inadequate. This is going to get replaced with some rubber from bunnings. I will take pics to show what I mean.

Drive performance was improved, the induction noise was so much louder, it also introduced at slight harmonic noise to happen at certain RPM's, but its not terrible at all it lasts for a split second then stops it doesn't hang around at all which is fantastic. Throttle response seemed nicer and the car felt 'more free', I don't know how to explain it so I could be just talking shit.

Whilst the price I paid was a slight premium over a normal intake with out the carbon fibre cover, the cover makes the engine bay a little more neat and fills out the room a little more.

TO THE EXHAUST!

I will take pictures of this when I can, I've only had it for two days or so and I haven't driven my car a whole heap so I can't give a 100% review as yet, but it's quite loud. Im not sure if i'm just not used to it but between 2-3k RPM its quite loud when accelerating at the lights, once you are cruising at 60k or so its like stock, you can barely hear it. But it may settle in and become less 'loud'. Will report on performance changes when I drive the car a little more.

TO THE SWAYBAR!

IT'S THE BEST $260 I'VE SPENT ON THIS CAR. EVERYBODY GET A REAR SWAY BAR. JUST DO IT. IT'S AWESOME.

The End. If you want further pictures and or soundclips please nag in posts below this one.

Much Love
James

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
hahahahaha fuck off i was scared, you bastard HAHAHAhAHA. your exhaust you hold the damn thing while Lucas cuts it!! hahahaha

just like Dean that was too scared to get his hands dirty when we worked on his car!!!

looking good though! now you need the AWE KO4. have you seen how much the prices have dropped!? do it!!!!

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
just like Dean that was too scared to get his hands dirty when we worked on his car!!!

Damn Straight, my hands are designed to be clean for other useful tasks that I won't mention online ;)

Mariach

FIA F1 World Champ..to be
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI DSG
Any updates on the intake? How the engine feels once it has adjusted to it?

How complex was the install? how long did it take you?

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Any updates on the intake? How complex was the install? how long did it take you?
Nice work guys :thumbsup: Thumbs up for getting a product that is a little different to the usual EVOMS,P-Flo etc. The carbon cover looks the dogs bollocks :biggrin:.

Mariach, the install time of any intake depends on a couple of factors such as 1) If you've done it before (multiple times in some cases :wink:), 2) If you've had experience removing the factory engine cover & 3) the complexity of the new intake.
As 3) should not be a factor here because it looks quite simple [e.g. compare with Forge Twintake], it should take a newbie about 1-2 hours or someone with experience 30-45 minutes. These are my humble personal opinions only.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Is there something of relevance I may have missed with my post??

No, but I guess what DRMAT was trying to say is, the OP originally posted his upgrades on 21st of Jan 2010.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Nope... just thought it might be like one of those times someone brings back a thread from a couple of years ago and everyone just reads it as a new thread :biggrin:

PS Dean get your bro to start nagging your dad for a BMW :thumbsup:

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
Nope... just thought it might be like one of those times someone brings back a thread from a couple of years ago and everyone just reads it as a new thread :biggrin:

PS Dean get your bro to start nagging your dad for a BMW :thumbsup:

He already has, the whole FUCKING day! It's killing me!! I've had to lock the door. Drop it under $30 and it's done! :p

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
LOL drop it under $30k and when my wife finds out i'm done!

Take her out for dinner and she would forget. Or just say we paid $1500 cash;)

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Hahaha you're so obviously not married... the next questions after "they paid $1500 cash" is "So where is the cash!". Split the difference to $30 and we might both be happy!