GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AUX button on 06 with NAV

MKazGTI

Car(s)
Black 06 GTI
I just got a '06 with navigation and CD changer. I noticed the AUX option on the CD screen. How do I use it? I don't think there is a AUX plug in the '06 GTI. Do I have to somehow get behind the radio and plug in something? What can I do with it.

Thanks

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
did you check in the globebox where the light used to be in the 06's. it is possible you have that feature from the 07's. If you do have a light in the gb then i dont think you have the aux port and it is just a universal screen between vw's.....you can add one tho if you don't have it

MKazGTI

Car(s)
Black 06 GTI
Yeah I have a light in the box.

From reading other threads it seems if I get a plug in there from the back of the stereo it will just be for the ipod sound (I.E the headphone jack) and not acutally controlling the ipod (I.E the charging/docking port)?

conom06d

Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
yup that's how it works. you would have to change the songs on you ipod itself.

kortakon

Crappy mp3 situation with NAV and the AUX jack

I got a 07 with the navigation and 6cd changer in the armrest. The AUX jack in the glovebox doesn't seem to work. Some people say it's because the use the AUX input on the back of the head unit for the 6CD changer instead of the AUX jack. Could anybody confirm that?

If that is true it is very disappointing, because it would mean I cannot listen to any mp3's in my fully loaded GTI. Very crappy indeed. Does anybody have any suggestions?

JeuxNathan

It could be right.
Heard something similar here in belgium.

I have the Aux function enabled because i have a multimediaadapter so i can have video and sound. It seems that the connector of that adapter is connected there where normally a cd changer would be. (which i don't have)

Normally there should be something like a 2to1 connecter (don't really know how to explain in it english, sorry) where you put the adapter(or ipod adapter,or jack plugin,or...) and the cd charger in 1'device' en put the 'device' in the original socket.

Hope you'll get it? :)

Greetz Jeux

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
different head unit

NAV in Belgian VW is not equal to NAV in US VW
Multimedia adaptors don't work on US Nav

JeuxNathan

Knew it was different but didn't know that adaptors wouldn't work.
Is there a specific reason they don't work? because it's the same connection like the ipod connector or the vw phatbox.
which is available in US and EURO.

Kinda stupid it doesn't work for you guys... :s

Greetz Jeux

manydubs

Ready to race!
I got a 07 with the navigation and 6cd changer in the armrest. The AUX jack in the glovebox doesn't seem to work. Some people say it's because the use the AUX input on the back of the head unit for the 6CD changer instead of the AUX jack. Could anybody confirm that?

If that is true it is very disappointing, because it would mean I cannot listen to any mp3's in my fully loaded GTI. Very crappy indeed. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I have the same setup and the AUX works with proper cable and a MP3 player.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.

it should work, take it to the dealer to get them to fix it...

conom06d

Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
Yeah i have an 07 with the nav and cd changer. The aux port works fine for me. it should work

kortakon

I think I forgot to mention that I also have the satellite receiver. Maybe that's what causes the problem. I'd be very surprised if it works for you with the same setup; I talked with the dealer and also called VW customer support, and they told me the AUX doesn't work with my setup on my 07 :(

conom06d

Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
Uhhh.....it does. Mine has the sat radio, nav, and normal radio and the AUX port works fine. I am an 07 as well.