GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autotech hpfp failure with pics

firas1981

Ready to race!
Hey guys
Long story short. I was driving my car back home and suddenly my car started making this massive pop ups and fuel cuts. Few minutes later my fuel needle was dropping so bad like my car is 12 cylinder. Few minutes later engine oil light came on.
Took the car to my mechanic and my oil was mixed badly with fuel. We emptied the car from oil and 8 liters of oil came out!!! . Thats how much gas got into the oil.

He thought might be a stuck injector and said lets check the hpfp as well

Suprise surprise
Check the shit autotech fuel pump upgrade kit what happened to it after 17000 miles on it (keep in mind i changed two camfollowers during that period)

What auto tech has to say hereee. Waitingggg

Attachments

• DSC_0011.jpg
    DSC_0011.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 2,876
  • DSC_0014_20150619182848332.jpg
    DSC_0014_20150619182848332.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 2,611

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
My Autotech went through its first CF at 5200 miles after having it installed per their instructions by my VW tech. Autotech did nothing so went with APR after that. I had planned to check the CF every 10k miles but it never made it.

So you were 7000 miles into the second CF, yes?
Were you adding lubrication to the new CF cylinder walls when reinstalling?
Do you have a version A or B intake cam?

firas1981

Ready to race!
Installion of cf was always done the right way. Lubrication etc. Its just doesnt make sense, how can the actual metal on this pump torn out like that!!!. Its like made out of aluminum or something. And why dont autotech sell spare parts in case any of the its parts were broken. Why do we have to buy the whole kit again

fastwire

Ready to race!
I was going to get an Autotech kit but somehow I read the disclaimer sheet that comes with the kit and I said no thx

Last edited:

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Go APR and save $$ in the long run

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I did hpfpupgrade which doesn't get much talk on here but I've got close to 30K miles on it. But it was also a new pump factory upgraded. Seems like a small company, when you call it sounds like the guy that makes them is the one that answers the phone.

I replaced the cam follower not too long ago and the wear didn't even look that bad.

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
My experience with auto tech was nightmare it caused fuel cuts and engine contamination
I saved my head time searching for a solution and purchased the APR
Currently on my second GTI I am using a new hpfp with the integrated engineering hpfp upgrade kit and it's beautiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastwire

Ready to race!
^^

nice.. wondering if going APR or IE kit? I want to go stg2+

Last edited:

thirdlobe

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with IE because of the usage of the factory spring instead of APR because of the upgraded stiffer spring that could cause additional wear to the CF.

I believe either would get the job done well.

fastwire

Ready to race!
^^ thx 4 the advice

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I would stear clear of HPFP upgrade.coms stuff. I have 3 friends that have had the pump seize or their "upgraded cam follower" explode and cause catastrophic damage. All 3 events lead to blown motors.

After how many miles? Where they all new pumps or upgraded pumps? The upgraded follower isn't sold or used anymore. I just put in a new one every few oil changes.