GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automated Throttle Body Adjustment

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
MKV 2.0T FSI and 2.0 TSI Drivers,

You may be surprised and/or happy to learn that the MKV 2.0T FSI and 2.0 TSI both have an automated Throttle Body Adjustment that happens each time you turn off the car.

When discussing the correct procedures for manual Throttle Body Adjustment in a previous post, owners of APR's fully loaded ECU debated whether or not the manual Throttle Body Adjustment offered by APR actually did anything. The response from APR was that the feature is not needed or provided on MKV 2.0T FSI and 2.0 TSI cars because the stock ECU performs this function each time the car is switched off (you can actually hear it immediately following).

ECU comments from APR:

The MKV 2.0T FSI is ME9, the MKV 2.0 TSI is MED17. It's not available on either because the car does it automatically when you turn it off. On ECU's that don't preform this TBA, you can get the TBA option. It's always bundled with fault code erase and was essentially a free add-on for customers purchasing Fault Code Erase.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I saw that, and it doesn't make sense to me.

One of the precautions regarding the TBA is to not do it when the engine is hot -- it therefore would be bad if the ECU did this automatically when the engine is turned off.

I also question why APR would list TBA as a feature of the FSI and TSI ECU flashes if the feature isn't present, and why there is a procedure and visual indicator for the TBA when it is initiated as per the manual.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
I also question why APR would list TBA as a feature of the FSI and TSI ECU flashes if the feature isn't present.
Companies always like to restate a feature in a cleverly placed way that will make it seem as though they added the feature when in fact all they did was preserve it.