GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto dim mirrors

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Does a UK spec GTI have auto dim wing mirrors?

kevinm1

Ready to race!
No. There are no auto dim mirrors for the mk7 any where in the world. I'm hoping that the passat mirrors will be the same size as the mk7.

mrlapou

Ready to race!
Mind you, a replacement heated auto dim, glass only mirror for current model Audi TT is £256.00..ouch !!!! Without dim option it's a cool £35.00

Essjay

Ready to race!
No. There are no auto dim mirrors for the mk7 any where in the world. I'm hoping that the passat mirrors will be the same size as the mk7.

I wonder why they printed this in the manual then?:confused:
It would surely indicate that it's installed.......somewhere!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 1,371
Last edited:

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
I'd like to know what the situation is with this. My Mk5 had anti dazzle on drivers side from factory, I retrofitted it on the Mk6 and I've yet to see anything for the Mk7 .....part numbers? Anyone with ETKA? A DIY perhaps?

kevinm1

Ready to race!
I have up-to-date etka and there is no auto dim mirror listed.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
i would too. the car really needs them to match my autodimming homelink rear view.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
One of the buyers of this mirror said "It's just a mirror with a blue plastic screen. It doesn't get dark as indicated."

It guess it makes sense because I don't see a light sensor which tells the side mirrors to dim.
Can't we tap into whatever the rear view mirror goes off of?

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Can't we tap into whatever the rear view mirror goes off of?
I guess that could be possible but you need to find a dimming side mirror glass that is compatible with DAP, heated and fits the MK7 Golf housing. The aliexpress link above doesn't seem to be.