GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi A3 still uses FSI motor

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
just saw this on their website. Interesting, VW moves on with a TSI, Audi sticks with it in 200/hp form... belt-driven, cam follower et al....

thoughts? why? Is the FSI still better in many ways? Don't wanna start a brawl, maybe a discussion. :wink:

huy

Retired Racer
TSI seems to be lower maintenance vs. the FSI, so maybe thats it... manufacturer's throwing dealerships a bone, perhaps.

Lucidity

Marx
Easier/cheaper to do AWD with the FSI? I don't think there are any TSI AWD cars yet....

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
What's the engine code? Bpy, ccta, etc.

The fsi/tsi thing is more of an internet label.

the old, belt-driven motor like mine, bpy, although I don't think Audi classifies their "FSI" as BPY....

I understand BPY to be a VW moniker... I could be wrong....

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
just saw this on their website. Interesting, VW moves on with a TSI, Audi sticks with it in 200/hp form... belt-driven, cam follower et al....

thoughts? why? Is the FSI still better in many ways? Don't wanna start a brawl, maybe a discussion. :wink:

Actually no. All the Audis that use the 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo engines have all switched to the newer generation fsi powerplants except for the s3 & tt-s. Just that they didn't bother updating the website. :wink:

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
Actually no. All the Audis that use the 4 cylinder 2.0L turbo engines have all switched to the newer generation fsi powerplants except for the s3 & tt-s. Just that they didn't bother updating the website. :wink:

not in the USA.... the base TT and the A3 still use the 200hp 2.0T ... the anomaly is that they continue to use to older BPY code/ FSI motor with belt drive and hpfp on the intake cam....

I read a recent review of a base 2010 TT ... clearly stated 200 hp motor...

joelmlmkv

Ready to race!
There would be no reason why Audi would stick with the FSI in the newer vehicles, the TSI is a better motor. I dont know alot about the differences except for the chain vs. belt, and the TSI responds alot better to mods (not that would be a deciding factor for Audi)

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
not in the USA.... the base TT and the A3 still use the 200hp 2.0T ... the anomaly is that they continue to use to older BPY code/ FSI motor with belt drive and hpfp on the intake cam....

I read a recent review of a base 2010 TT ... clearly stated 200 hp motor...

The 200hp engines in the TT and A3 now are the same ones used in the 2009 GTI.

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/models/a3/features_and_specifications/specifications_table.html

Click "View A3 2.0 TFSI Features & Specs"
Then "View TFSI in action"

You can clearly see the oil filter on the bottom left of the engine cover.