GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATTN MAF WM USERS

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I have a question for anyone using a MAF-based WM kit.
which wire did you guys tap into? I can't seem to find it.
I read (somewhere, don't remember where) the yellow wire is the correct one. Which is the one I tapped.
But since installing, I've gotten a MIL for MAF signal implausible. A few others as well. P0101, p1297, p0113.

k04 and stuff.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Also, if ANYONE could be so cool, could you look at your MAP sensor plug, tell me the order of the wires? Or just take a pic?

k04 and stuff.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Sent by Eurocars

Very helpful! Now at least I know where the wires are supposed to go

k04 and stuff.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have a question for anyone using a MAF-based WM kit.
which wire did you guys tap into?

Yellow
Check your tap with a an ohm meter to make sure yellow is still connected on both sides of the tap.

Last edited:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Yellow

Check your tap with a an ohm meter to make sure yellow is still connected on both sides of the tap.

It is, but I've been getting codes, MAF related. I'm wondering if the sensor went bad, but it's only 5-7k miles on it! OEM!

k04 and stuff.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
What's the advantage to running off MAF instead of boost?

Well, from what I was reading, smaller turbos (k03-k04) are usually better with MAF instead of boost, because boost ramps up so quick. And larger turbo cars (BT) are better with boost switched systems, because their boosts build more linear. But I may be switching to boost type.

k04 and stuff.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What's the advantage to running off MAF instead of boost?

Both seem to work fine. MAF based unit might have a slight advantage with small turbos like the K04 on the early end of the torque curve when boost is very high but actual air flow is not maxed yet, allows you to work off of air flow and insert a more accurate amount when you have very high boost but not the air flow to go with it. I have successfully used both boost and MAF based controllers on turbo and super setups.

Having said the above, it is a brief moment in time and is likely not a significant advantage.