GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATP GT3071R kit fitment

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Eventually I am going to upgrade my car to Stage 3 with Unitronic. I was talking to a local shop in town and he said he didn't like the ATP Turbo kits because the fitment was really bad and they had to cut away parts of the car/kit in order for the kit to fit. This was on a MkIV, though.

Will an ATP GT3071R kit fit well in an MkV?

06 black magic gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
im sure phil@ bsh would know.....im planning on buying the kit here really soon also.

twinkers

is cheesing.
I did mine in my garage on jackstands with a flashlight and an extra set of hands. Before this I changed my oil twice. No fittment issues that I know of. However the manifold doesn't seem to be designed very well for flow, but what do I know.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
The MKV parts are nothing like the MKIV parts. SOOOO much easier to install.

I did mine in my garage on jackstands with a flashlight and an extra set of hands. Before this I changed my oil twice. No fittment issues that I know of. However the manifold doesn't seem to be designed very well for flow, but what do I know.

Thanks for the good responses! Twinkers, what do you mean by the manifold not designed well regarding flow and how do you come to that statement?

Luis@E

Ready to race!
Eventually I am going to upgrade my car to Stage 3 with Unitronic. I was talking to a local shop in town and he said he didn't like the ATP Turbo kits because the fitment was really bad and they had to cut away parts of the car/kit in order for the kit to fit. This was on a MkIV, though.

Will an ATP GT3071R kit fit well in an MkV?

me personally i don't like nothing from ATP all there stuff is poorly fabricated but i do have a car that runs fine with it, like the saying friends don't let friends buy atp

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
me personally i don't like nothing from ATP all there stuff is poorly fabricated but i do have a car that runs fine with it, like the saying friends don't let friends buy atp

Would there be a GT3071R kit that you recommend in place of the ATP kit?

06 black magic gti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
twinkers

how long did it take u to install the kit?

twinkers

is cheesing.
From what I remeber the flow chambers? werent polished and mostly square with almost 90degree angles. From what I hear Pagparts is coming out with a better manifold soon. The guy who tunes my car (Chris Tapp) has it and I think he said he got almost a 15 HP increase just from changing the manifold if I remeber correctly.

Here is the link to JC's build thread on vortex, about 5 pics down he has some high res pics of the manifold. A couple of the engineers at my work (McMaster University) took a look at it when I brought it in and said it wasn't optimized very well for flow.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3601844

twinkers

is cheesing.
twinkers

how long did it take u to install the kit?

I think it took us about 6-7 hours as it was during winter and I dont have a heated garage so we took lots of breaks. We also didnt drop the axle so getting the old K03 out was tons of fun.

hey twinkers how is the dsg holding up to the gt30? Do you have upgraded clutchpacks? you do have a dsg right. lol

twinkers

is cheesing.
hey twinkers how is the dsg holding up to the gt30? Do you have upgraded clutchpacks? you do have a dsg right. lol

Its doing good. I never went with the upgraded clutchpacks. The way I figure it the torque doesnt spike like it does with the k03/k04 so theres less shock. The HPA clutch is 3200$ and clutch packs from VW are around 800$ so I could change it with OEM ones almost 4 times for the same price (with the exception of install costs) and I am changing my filter every 10,000km and fluid and filter every 20,000 km. Guess I'm a guinea pig for everyone.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
From what I remeber the flow chambers? werent polished and mostly square with almost 90degree angles. From what I hear Pagparts is coming out with a better manifold soon. The guy who tunes my car (Chris Tapp) has it and I think he said he got almost a 15 HP increase just from changing the manifold if I remeber correctly.

Here is the link to JC's build thread on vortex, about 5 pics down he has some high res pics of the manifold. A couple of the engineers at my work (McMaster University) took a look at it when I brought it in and said it wasn't optimized very well for flow.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3601844
Cool, I will keep a new manifold in mind if I ever get this kit.

Are there alternative GT30 kits out there?

//GTI_Fast07

Stock 2007 Black GTI
Car(s)
Black 2007 GTI
Has anyone done a step by step write up for the install. I'm sure I have it figured out. I just would hate to mix up lines. That is my only concern with the install is just getting the lines hooked up right, everything else will be fine.