GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ATP DV kit

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
sucks all theyre product look so cheap.

but what i dont understand is, whats wrong with the recirculative valve we have now thats going to convince me to buy one of these kits?

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
sucks all theyre product look so cheap.

but what i dont understand is, whats wrong with the recirculative valve we have now thats going to convince me to buy one of these kits?

The fact that the most current and "best" release is still blowing seals and leaking boost.

That version does look cheap as shit though... and since there's so many atm. vented forge spacers, I don't see why we can't just a BOV, stick it on the EA tube and let it vent atm.

I kind of want it... but I can't justify spending the $400+BOV VS $56 for another C valve for it right now when I've already got the intake and I might not be keeping the car...

ATP is a bunch of good smart guys though.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
The fact that the most current and "best" release is still blowing seals and leaking boost.

That version does look cheap as shit though... and since there's so many atm. vented forge spacers, I don't see why we can't just a BOV, stick it on the EA tube and let it vent atm.

I kind of want it... but I can't justify spending the $400+BOV VS $56 for another C valve for it right now when I've already got the intake and I might not be keeping the car...

ATP is a bunch of good smart guys though.

why are u thinkin baout letting her go?

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
To complete this setup you need:

1. The ATP DV pipe = $100
2. A replacement DV = $100-150
3. The ATP E-DV plug = $25
4. An intake that accepts the recirc.(ATP intake) = $300

And we all hope that the performance doesn't suffer and it woun't throw codes. I personally will wait to hear from others before I upgrade.

I do have the ATP intake already though, excellent sound, a little power?(unproven), and so-so fit and finish. I'm happy for now.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Kudos to ATP for offering a way to use a traditional valve, however....

.. their kit will only work on a GTI or GLI with the sound amplification pipe provision coming off of the Y-pipe.

The Audi A3 and Passats and similarly, the A4, don't have this provision, thus this kit is useless for those applications.

We're already prototyping a different way to adapt a traditional style valve to a 2.0T FSI that will be compatible with almost any configuration of the engine (Passat, A3, A4, Seat, etc.).

I'll keep you all posted. :thumbsup:

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
We're also looking at a permanent solution to the ever-failing diaphragm in the electronic DV's in an effort to offer solutions for those who wish to keep the stock valve and those who wish to use a mechanical valve. :thumbsup:

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
We're also looking at a permanent solution to the ever-failing diaphragm in the electronic DV's in an effort to offer solutions for those who wish to keep the stock valve and those who wish to use a mechanical valve. :thumbsup:

I'd love to be able to put an HKS SQV on the GTI.
:help:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
do we have to buy the ATP intake to use this relocation kit?...im losing boost and its only been 4000 miles since i was chipped. I dont want to spend $50 on the c-valve every 4000 miles b/c ive seen the c-valve's malfunction too. i just wanna get a BOV that works effectively, and is safer for the turbo than the stock one. I would assume that using a BOV that can recirculate back into the intake is good, but is it necessary because right now im using the spacer which is venting 100% of the air into the atmosphere

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
do we have to buy the ATP intake to use this relocation kit?...im losing boost and its only been 4000 miles since i was chipped. I dont want to spend $50 on the c-valve every 4000 miles b/c ive seen the c-valve's malfunction too. i just wanna get a BOV that works effectively, and is safer for the turbo than the stock one. I would assume that using a BOV that can recirculate back into the intake is good, but is it necessary because right now im using the spacer which is venting 100% of the air into the atmosphere

No you could route whatever blow off valve you chose to your own way. or just chose to atm. vent it. ATP's is the only current "full" set up (minus the BOV/DV of your chose) that you can get.

Apparently forge is designing one. And I for one would like to see what forge creates before spending money on ATP.

ATP and Forge are both GREAT companies, I just want to see what the competion creates. Maybe it won't looks so cheap.

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
well im down for waiting its definatly better to see some competiton not to mention with atp you have to buy alot of things to make this work, and i dont want to put a dv on there a bov would be better like a HKS SSQv