GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR tune retrievable?

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Hey guys, so I traded in my Gti a while back (to a Subaru dealer) and it had a fully loaded apr stage 2 tune on it but before I turned the car in I switched over back to the stock map. Recently I found the new owner of my car and told him about the tune and he seems interested... My question is, you think the Subaru dealer may have reset the ecu and the tune was lost? Not sure if that's possible. If so, is there anyway I could hit up apr/shop I went to so I can get the tune again? Since it's already paid for. Thanks.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, you can take the car to be flashed as a solid to the new owner. Some shops charge .5 hours to flash again.

APR used to allow you to transfer ownership of the tune but they charged money for it last I heard, dunno if that's still going on or if they increased the cost.

08EmKayFive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 gti
Yeah, you can take the car to be flashed as a solid to the new owner. Some shops charge .5 hours to flash again.

APR used to allow you to transfer ownership of the tune but they charged money for it last I heard, dunno if that's still going on or if they increased the cost.

Thanks bro

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
my dealer flashed over my stock file to do warranty work. went to apr dealer abd they looked up that i bought it. just say you are the owner still if the file isnt still on it. Subaru dealer wouldnt flash over it though usually.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

fd2black

Karma Police
Car(s)
2008 GTI 2dr
You can transfer the tune over to the new owner, but I believe APR charges $100 for the transfer. This will transfer APR's warranty to him and the ability for him to get updates and reflashed in the future if he needs to.