GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Trial

ObeyMyFast!

^Who I am...What I say->
Ok, regardless of opinions of dealers being able to find out if you are reflashed or not...

If I got the APR trial, would ANYONE be able to see that my ECU has been tampered with?

Im tempted to try it out, but maybe not if they could figure out that my ECU has been tampered with.

Sorry if repost

zcspec

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MQB S3
Nope....they cant tell. Your flash is performed through the OBD port through a cable and the software will "magically disappear" after the trial.

rabbi7

slugish rabbit
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Don't forget after the trial, the software will make your Gti 10x more slugish, you will see what I mean. I think APR does that on purpose ;)

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
on a different but similar not, say i get the APR trial, but end up buying revo/someone else's tune, would the trial flash effect the process?

J.J.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg
It doesnt magically disappear, it reverts to APRs version of stock.

Yep. Even in stock mode the Dealer knew I was tuned. They didn't care though.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yep. Even in stock mode the Dealer knew I was tuned. They didn't care though.

Probably because your ecu will still record your peak boost levels and they can easily see a spike of 18psi.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
^^ dude dont sweat. i have yet to hear a dealer "detect" a flash without the customer crushing under pressure...

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Probably because your ecu will still record your peak boost levels and they can easily see a spike of 18psi.

Not to be argumentative, but I've never heard of our ECU recording this kind of data. Where did you hear this?

So far as I know, the only time a boost level would be recorded is if it were tied to an error code.

J.J.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 Jetta Wolfsburg

No. It was just the way readings were being read. I guess things are a little different in stock mode.

maionnaise

go big or go home
Car(s)
MkV
dude just get it tuned, there's really no repercussion, whats gonna happen? dv blows? oh well, not that big a deal, turbo blows up? not likely. your cars faster and that much more enjoyable to drive with little to no downfall.