GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 2 GTI VS nissan 350z

GTI689

Oval Champion
My APR Stage 2 gti (Mods in Sigg) vs an Automatic nissan 350z with HKS exhaust.. 3 times.. 40 roll, 60 roll, and 80.. Pulled about car and a half on him all times even more from a 60 roll... i was kind of suprised... Cant wait untill meth injection :burnrubber:

Last edited:

jtbizzy

GIAC Stage 2
Car(s)
2006 Stage 2 GTI DSG
Good kill but I'm not too surprised. It's just something about the auto 350's that are lacking compared to the 6spds. Most stage 2 GTI's should be even with lightly modded 6spd Z's and should have no problem with auto Z's even with exhaust.

yahookendogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08' GTI United Gray
auto Z = slow. try 6-speed.

David

Flyn high
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI 6MT
the model/year also makes a pretty big dif., what do you guys thing a stage one would do against an 05?

madvillian

Banned
What year Z? Thats kind of a crucial piece of info here. If it's older, you should have walked the shit out of him, if it's a new auto HR I think it would be pretty close, with the Z pulling up top.

I've walked so many auto Z's I've lost count, I don't even post it. I never see the new HR's though.

g35 ftw for middle aged country club wives!

:thumbsup:

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
What year Z? Thats kind of a crucial piece of info here. If it's older, you should have walked the shit out of him, if it's a new auto HR I think it would be pretty close, with the Z pulling up top.

I've walked so many auto Z's I've lost count, I don't even post it. I never see the new HR's though.

:thumbsup:

Although I agree with you the year of the Z is crucial, because the 6 speed HR Z's have seen trap speeds as high as 107mph stock, I disagree with your statement "if it was an older model Z a basic stage 2 would walk the shit out of him". Not if both drivers are up to par anyways..

Nice kill OP.

madvillian

Banned
I'm only referring to 5AT's since that is what the thread is about. We both know that makes a big difference here.

Take your 6MT G35 for example, how many buslengths do you think you would put on a 5AT from the same year? I see older 5AT 350Z's trapping mid 90's, and based on my experience blowing them out of the water, I said a stage 2 GTI would walk the shit out of one. I know the 6MT is a totally different race, so respect there...

But an early 2000's 5AT dyno's 200-220whp, usually a little less torque than hp...not really a competition for a stage 2 GTI.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned
I'm only referring to 5AT's since that is what the thread is about. We both know that makes a big difference here.

Take your 6MT G35 for example, how many buslengths do you think you would put on a 5AT from the same year? I see older 5AT 350Z's trapping mid 90's, and based on my experience blowing them out of the water, I said a stage 2 GTI would walk the shit out of one. I know the 6MT is a totally different race, so respect there...

But an early 2000's 5AT dyno's 200-220whp, usually a little less torque than hp...not really a competition for a stage 2 GTI.

Your sig is hilarious! :thumbsup:

Mid 90's is tough. The auto's are a bit slower, but not 5-7mph slower through the 1/4, maybe 2-4mph (most older 6 speed Z's will trap between 100-103).

I didn't realize you meant auto's. I agree a stage 2 should walk an older auto Z.

And older Z's (VQ35DE) will usually dyno in the 240's. I've seen them in the 230's, and even one guy on a mustang dyno 227rwhp, but that is the exception to the rule for the most part.

My G comes with 7 less crank HP from the factory, and still dyno'd in the 240's. And most DE Z's are a few HP higher. I've seen 250 in person before with my buddies '04 with just a K&N filter.

Attachments

• 2004 G35 dyno graph.jpg
    2004 G35 dyno graph.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,136

madvillian

Banned
Your sig is hilarious! :thumbsup:

Mid 90's is tough. The auto's are a bit slower, but not 5-7mph slower through the 1/4, maybe 2-4mph (most older 6 speed Z's will trap between 100-103).

I didn't realize you meant auto's. I agree a stage 2 should walk an older auto Z.

And older Z's (VQ35DE) will usually dyno in the 240's. I've seen them in the 230's, and even one guy on a mustang dyno 227rwhp, but that is the exception to the rule for the most part.

My G comes with 7 less crank HP from the factory, and still dyno'd in the 240's. And most DE Z's are a few HP higher. I've seen 250 in person before with my buddies '04 with just a K&N filter.

Well mid-high is more accurate for them as a whole, I have seen a lot of mid 90's though. From what I've seen AT's are putting down 200-220whp depending on the type of dyno, 220 obviously being a dynojet, and 220-240 with the MT, 240 being on a dynojet.

It all depends on which times you're looking at I guess, like you said the MT's trap more in the 100-103 range, where I've seen the AT trap more in the 96-99 range. The normal times seem to be at the lower ends of those spectrums. Kind like how bolton GTI's are 100-105, but the norm is more in the 100-102 range.

But yeah, all of my above comments were referring to the auto, I'm pretty confident a MT HR driven at 100% potential would wax a basic stage 2 from a roll. The AT however I think would be more of a race.

The fastest MT HR trap is 107, with the majority in the 102-105 range right? Well right now the fastest stock turbo GTI trap is 105.8, and the guy just has intake/exhaust/fuel pump. He just got a wot box, which you probably know is 2-step launch/no-lift shift, so that should shave a little off the e/t and pick up mph because he'll be holding boost during shifts. With race gas, or w/m it shouldn't be hard to pick up a mph or two. Should be interesting to see the fastest stock turbos will be in the future now that we're getting more aftermarket.

Once all the kinks get worked out with the cheaper fuel pump solutions there's going to be a lot of 260+whp GTI's out there. I'll be one of them :) can't wait to get my hands on a wot box too, but the mod fund is non existent right now.