GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 2+ GTI and dash warning symbols..

Parky

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys just need some feedback. I have an APR stage 2+ GTI dsg and i've been getting alot of the static yellow engine symbol on my dash. In fact i have it on now. Usually after a a few days its disappears but recently it seems like the light comes on more frequently and stays on for up to a week at a time.
Can anyone shed some light inot why this might be happening? I understand it could be to do with the modifications that come with a Stage 2+ tune i.e dump pipe, high flow cat, full exhaust. But i also gather it could be a faulty MAF/Exhaust sensor ?

Any feedback or advice will help greatly.

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
I've been stage 2+ for over 2 years now & very occasionally get this symbol but only for brief periods [less than 30 mins]. VCDS has never shown any faults though & the car has always run perfectly. Ghosts in the machine????????

Booba

Ready to race!
Most likely related to the cat efficiency of the dp. i get it occasionally and it will reset after x amount of starts without the error. touch wood, i haven't gotten the light for over a month now.

DeanCorp

Ready to race!
As what Booba said. Get yourself an O2 Angle Spacer and problem will never happen again!

Booba

Ready to race!
O2 angle space hey, please explain. Is it something that I could install easily if i got under the car?

As what Booba said. Get yourself an O2 Angle Spacer and problem will never happen again!

DeanCorp

Ready to race!

Booba

Ready to race!
Thanks mate :)

WankyAndy

Lots of Guys Hate Me
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I remember Guy Harding said that APR does not disable the o2 sensor or change its thresholds. It must be something different unrelated to the cat efficiency.

Booba

Ready to race!
Not sure about apr but superchips sent me a remap that was supposed to fix it but didn't

I thought the apr stage 2+ stopped any cels from the DP through the software?