BORA1.8T

HKID
Car(s)
07 GTI, 04 330Xi

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
wassup bro.... havent seen your car for awile!!!!....... great numbers man.... how's the usp dyno...... do they know what there doing?

GTI689

Oval Champion
I duno.. i was actualy hoping for a little more power then that.... Before i blew my dv i was boosting around 20-21 psi and then i replaced it with the aftermarket dv and now im boosting 19 psi and from there i got the dyno... APR told me that stage 2 should be boosting around 19 and that my numbers are about right.. But i guess i was just hoping for more... Do these numbers sound right? or was it just a shitty day lol

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I duno.. i was actualy hoping for a little more power then that.... Before i blew my dv i was boosting around 20-21 psi and then i replaced it with the aftermarket dv and now im boosting 19 psi and from there i got the dyno... APR told me that stage 2 should be boosting around 19 and that my numbers are about right.. But i guess i was just hoping for more... Do these numbers sound right? or was it just a shitty day lol

to me they dont sound right, but then again the conditions you were on are horrible..
i dyno'd at 228whp and 286ft-torque with 42% humidity and 76 F degrees on apr stage 1 93...

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
to me they dont sound right, but then again the conditions you were on are horrible..
i dyno'd at 228whp and 286ft-torque with 42% humidity and 76 F degrees on apr stage 1 93...

stage 1? what other mods? bc if you only have stage 1 and lets say intake or something they youre off. but if you have dp and exhaust or something then youre #'s sound about right. at least to me but im going by what other people post.

bcze1

You people make me laugh
Your #'s are fine. But why is it so hard for people to understand you cannot compare #'s from different dynos? There's a lot more room for error than just temp & humidity. Dynos really only provide relative #'s. Do a before and after run on the same dyno to see gains. They just not accurate enough to be worried becuase someone else had 5 more hp than you.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Your #'s are fine. But why is it so hard for people to understand you cannot compare #'s from different dynos? There's a lot more room for error than just temp & humidity. Dynos really only provide relative #'s. Do a before and after run on the same dyno to see gains. They just not accurate enough to be worried becuase someone else had 5 more hp than you.

x2. different dyno's read differently for a variety of reasons. heck, even the same dyno can read differently if they change the calibration a tiny bit. honestly, the only fair and accurate way to compare two cars is to run them back to back on the same dyno. other than that, there are too many possible factors that come into play when comparing cars.

Gabster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
x2. different dyno's read differently for a variety of reasons. heck, even the same dyno can read differently if they change the calibration a tiny bit. honestly, the only fair and accurate way to compare two cars is to run them back to back on the same dyno. other than that, there are too many possible factors that come into play when comparing cars.

times 44
alot people said my numbers were too high for only a stage 1, but then again they also said i couldnt beat a stock g35 or a 350z and guess what i did. so needless to say every dyno is different, but one thing i know for sure my car runs hard!! my numbers look way too high but that day was cold and it was almost night time so conditions do play a big role.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
^ what else do you have done other than stage 1? man, i need to find myself a dyno around this biatch, here in the STL.