GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr ecu tune for mk7 out!

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
True. I wonder what that's all about? Micro space? Maybe this new ecu can't reconfigure itself like the Bosche?

Interesting. The k04 looks so linear compared to the gen3 stage 1. But look at the low end torque. A tuned mk7 catches you off guard and goodbye mk7, it's gone.

This is like the E90 to F30 M3. Except without v8s

butchered by autocorrecr

That's APR's choice to limit the torque at that point on the k04 tune.

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, C63S AMG
The numbers are definitely impressive and sure I wish I was in position to get a MK7. Truth is a K04 MK6 is still gonna be like 360hp. Sure, less torque, but it's nothing to overlook. Stage 2 Cars will probably be very comparable to a k04 mk6, maybe even a little faster. But you have to keep it in perspective, they're car already came with a turbo upgrade, so chances are it would still be cheaper to just get a K04 kit and pay off your car earlier.

Sorry for the potentially dumb question... So the Mk7 already comes with a bigger turbo? So that's the main reason for the larger stock HP?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Everyones freaking out over the numbers from the mk7 but are losing sight of the fact that the new mk7 is gonna run you mid 35k..plus the price of the tune, plus the price of the intake which is nearly another grand. We're talking 36k mk7 vs a mk6 gti you can scoop up for 24k new.

im unsubscribing from this thread, everyones getting so scared its funny. new car depreciation alone on a new mk7 would be more than what paying for a k04 upgrade on an mk6 would be. checks and balances people...at least the car still looks like an mk6...could be worse like when it went from mk4 to mk5 styling.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
The mk7 starts at $26k I think and goes up. Add a tune and you have a monster daily driver. What's silly is mk6 guys dissing the car. I love my mk6 but new car is the better car. Facts are facts.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I'm totally blown away... also sad.

Mk7 is a monster. So yeah, do i stop modding and hope someday to pick up a used MK7 PP? Or is this more reason to go K04 and be happy with my Mk6 that i've owned from brand new.

Mk6 was a really cheap car. Mine was 22.4K OTD. My monthly is dirt cheap, and almost paid off at only 39K miles. Im thinking i just turn this mk6 into my little dream car and never log on to golfmk7. EVER. lol I'll be the last user on here, and i'll have discussions with myself. And maybe FredF who will still be asking for a new stage 1 tune.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I'm glad im not the only one being realistic about this. The MK6 is a great car, thats why we all have them. No reason to dump them just cuz you have to keep up with the Jones's.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I'm totally blown away... also sad.

Mk7 is a monster. So yeah, do i stop modding and hope someday to pick up a used MK7 PP? Or is this more reason to go K04 and be happy with my Mk6 that i've owned from brand new.

Mk6 was a really cheap car. Mine was 22.4K OTD. My monthly is dirt cheap, and almost paid off at only 39K miles. Im thinking i just turn this mk6 into my little dream car and never log on to golfmk7. EVER. lol I'll be the last user on here, and i'll have discussions with myself. And maybe FredF who will still be asking for a new stage 1 tune.

This is awesome! :lol: There were definitely some great deals to be had on the mk6 and it's a fine fine car! The battle that I play in my head several times per day is...i'm out of warranty, is this thing reliable to 100k miles or more?...is the increase in monthly payment worth it for the brand new better car?...but with that increased payment comes new warranty, piece of mind, etc. I feel like keeping the mk6 out of warranty will inevitably result in some $1-2k repair at some point unless VW gets their crap together and extends the warranty on the stupid waterpumps. I think if I can get into a Mk7 with slightly higher payment next year I will probably do it.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
yea MK5 to MK6 wasn't much of a change in power

more improved reliability. plus a lot more headroom for power with stock hardware. no need to upgrade fueling for k04.

Doesn't matter. No one will buy it with that silly head light stripe.

exblackly. there are a lot of cars faster than ours that are ugly as shat. does not make me want it.

I'm so happy that I have a 2015 Audi 3 2.0T as well :D but y'all missed the best part!

looks really nice. this will be my next car for sure, except hopefully an s3 version. i just can't do hatch backs and i'm tired of the bs vw pulls with the GLI not getting as much as the GTI. so this will be my jetta-r :cool:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Sorry for the potentially dumb question... So the Mk7 already comes with a bigger turbo? So that's the main reason for the larger stock HP?

The turbo is a little bigger. The turbine wheel is still the size of the k03 as in the mk6, but unlike the mk6 which has a slightly larger-than-k03 compressor wheel the mk7 has an even bigger compressor wheel. Every time they make improvements to the turbine process efficiency they can modify the compressor wheel a little bit and achieve more flow. It also has variable valve timing on the intake and exhaust cams (mk6 is just intake), and has a modified head.

Stock HP is all marketing. They want to position the car well in their field in terms of hp, tq and mpg. The strategy is to over-design the engine then tune the ECU to marketing specifications.

Everyones freaking out over the numbers from the mk7 but are losing sight of the fact that the new mk7 is gonna run you mid 35k..plus the price of the tune, plus the price of the intake which is nearly another grand. We're talking 36k mk7 vs a mk6 gti you can scoop up for 24k new.

im unsubscribing from this thread, everyones getting so scared its funny. new car depreciation alone on a new mk7 would be more than what paying for a k04 upgrade on an mk6 would be. checks and balances people...at least the car still looks like an mk6...could be worse like when it went from mk4 to mk5 styling.

It's never going to be a "good deal" to upgrade to the mk7 for power. I mean the mk6 k04 is still faster (bench racer alert), and even at ~$2500 you don't have to deal with the price gap between the mk6 and mk7, the dealer price hike for new models and the depreciation. You're looking at paying upwards of $10k to upgrade to this mk7 stage 1 platform, before depreciation.

Of course, you're getting a new car, so it's not like all that $$ is going to power mods. Reliability, cleanliness, handling and technology are also better. Still, being a hobbyist of the greatest depreciating products is difficult.

JonnysChillCousin

Ready to race!
isn't the 328 hp on 108 Ron?

Edit:
210, 220 & 230 HP & 258 FT-LBS - Stock as reported by VW
235 HP & 270 FT-LBS of torque - Stock as mesured and estimated at the crank by APR
305 HP & 371 FT-LBS of torque +78 HP @ 3,950 RPM / +105 FT-LBS of Torque @ 3,700 RPM - 91 AKI / 95 RON
316 HP & 381 FT-LBS of torque +87 HP @ 4,050 RPM / +114 FT-LBS of Torque @ 3,800 RPM - 93 AKI / 98 RON
328 HP & 382 FT-LBS of torque +97 HP @ 4,150 RPM / +125 FT-LBS of Torque @ 3,900 RPM - 104 AKI / 108 RON

Yeah so most people will have 305 hp @ crank right? 91 or 93 oct?

Wasn't the mk6 around the same hp gain? like 60 hp or something?

Gti207

Ready to race!
Alright help me out here. 2013 Drivers edition with 8500 miles. What do y'all think the stealerships will give me?

soldier0829

Ready to race!
We're not talking a huge difference here. The MK6 K04 combo is still plenty potent. My 2014 Mustang makes 700CHP and the little GTI still has enough punch to put a smile on my face whenever I drive it. Don't give away the farm for modest bump.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
I'll wait until they work all of the bugs out. Heck I'm doing the K04 upgrade this Friday, so I'm keep the MK6 for a couple of years. By then I'll know the quality of the build and some of the problems that folks are having. Plus the small GPS screen, gotta at least wait until a bigger one comes out.