GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Chip

Skim Diesel

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking of taking it to New German in MD. How was the service? These guys have the ABT body kit as well. Was thinking of killin two birds w/ one stone.

maperry123

Ready to race!
NGP was really good with customer service. Jim will be the one taking car of the chip if you go there. I didn't have anything wrong with my car but someone was having an exhaust problem when i was there. NGP bent over backwards to get this guys car fixed within a couple of hours. They had guys driving to their shop to help out to get the owner back on the road. I'll definately go back to NGP when i get my exhaust and intake put in.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I live like 20 minutes south of DC, how far away is NGP?....and do you think they'd do my REVO chip tuning?

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
between REVO, APR, GIAC what is the best bang for your buck??? I really am looking for the most power over anything and i think APR will be one of the few to come out with 100 octain setting which i had on my 1.8 and was just a monster.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So is your ecu reprogrammed and does it have to be done by a pro or is it re-chipped as in a new chip is placed in the ecu?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The best bang it seems right now is REVO, more HP then the APR but its like 100 bucks cheaper...But they feature the same options, dealer block out blah blah blah...i had originally ordered APR, but when I found out REVO came out with 2.0 software, I switched...hopefully it'll get thrown in to effect this weekend

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
i just got my apr reflash today!!!!!!! i got the stock and 93 settings programmed. i only got on it once tho cuz i only have like 550 miles on the car but i could tell a pretty big difference in power. but i forgot to take off the esp so im thinking that was limiting the power by quite a lot. its gonna be so hard now to take it easy on the break-in cuz im gonna be so tempted to switch over to 93 but i couldnt wait any longer to get it done. oh and should i have the car dyno tuned now? i kinda just wanna know im getting the power ARR is claiming but do u guys think its nescesary(know thats spelt wrong) to have that done?

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
If i install a turbo-back exhaust system.... and wanted an ECU remap by APR, will the software be different than the original (what you guys are getting)? or will it be compatible with the exhaust (doesnt need any modifications to the software):help:

baubaulu

Ready to race!
maperry123 said:
I just got my APR direct port program from New German Performance in Maryland today. I was amazed with the instant change. The program makes it incredibly easy switch back to factory settings or other setting you may have purchased. Not all the programs are out yet but will be soon. i.e. Anti-theft. The HP increase was about 53 (from 200 to 253) and the Torque increase was incredible too (207 to 303). Both recorded at the flywheel. The whole ordeal took about an hour to install and learn to use. If you have a GTI or GLI the APR programs are a must!!

How long does it take from 0-10KM/h after the modifcation?

maperry123

Ready to race!
i'll let you know when i get the exhaust in a couple of weeks

baubaulu

Ready to race!
maperry123 said:
I just got my APR direct port program from New German Performance in Maryland today. I was amazed with the instant change. The program makes it incredibly easy switch back to factory settings or other setting you may have purchased. Not all the programs are out yet but will be soon. i.e. Anti-theft. The HP increase was about 53 (from 200 to 253) and the Torque increase was incredible too (207 to 303). Both recorded at the flywheel. The whole ordeal took about an hour to install and learn to use. If you have a GTI or GLI the APR programs are a must!!

Is it easy to change the ECU? Do you have any insturction book or any picture?
Thank you!