GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Chip

maperry123

Ready to race!
I just got my APR direct port program from New German Performance in Maryland today. I was amazed with the instant change. The program makes it incredibly easy switch back to factory settings or other setting you may have purchased. Not all the programs are out yet but will be soon. i.e. Anti-theft. The HP increase was about 53 (from 200 to 253) and the Torque increase was incredible too (207 to 303). Both recorded at the flywheel. The whole ordeal took about an hour to install and learn to use. If you have a GTI or GLI the APR programs are a must!!

YenPxxx

Drag Racing Champion
+ 100ft/lb torque :eyebulge: :eyebulge: That's gotta be worth at least half a second in 0-60? I still can't believe how much can be squeezed out of these engines just from ECU reprogramming :thumbup: :thumbup:

99swift99

Go Kart Champion
So you had a dyno right after installation? Thats nuts and that's just chip alone right? Any plans for intake/exhaust?

I will be getting an APR for my GTI as well,
Unfortunately we dont have 93 octane...
are you using dsg? is there alot of wheelspin on 1st and other gear changes?

Fastcandy

Ready to race!
i plan on getting this program when i get my gti. I keep hearing awesome things about it, so far APR is making the best it seems.

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
www.goapr.com

I had it on my 20th anniversary edition gti and I can report that it is WELL worth the money. AND, with security lockout the dealer won't find it. Also, the feature I really loved was Anti-Theft which will prohibit the engine from turning over (when activated) even with your own key in the ignition. Of course, this wouldn't prohibit someone from flatbedding your car away if they really wanted it.

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
maperry123 said:
I just got my APR direct port program from New German Performance in Maryland today. I was amazed with the instant change. The program makes it incredibly easy switch back to factory settings or other setting you may have purchased. Not all the programs are out yet but will be soon. i.e. Anti-theft. The HP increase was about 53 (from 200 to 253) and the Torque increase was incredible too (207 to 303). Both recorded at the flywheel. The whole ordeal took about an hour to install and learn to use. If you have a GTI or GLI the APR programs are a must!!

I had it installed last week, but did not do a dyno. If you had the dyno of your car, would u mind post it? thanks!!!!
(me 2 enjoying my APR's tuning!! Just returned the H&R springs today and ordered the H&R cup kit suspension system!!!my next thing is the wheel!!)

StookMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
cmcm said:
I had it installed last week, but did not do a dyno. If you had the dyno of your car, would u mind post it? thanks!!!!
(me 2 enjoying my APR's tuning!! Just returned the H&R springs today and ordered the H&R cup kit suspension system!!!my next thing is the wheel!!)

Sorry off-topic, but what wheels are you getting!? The cupkit sounds like it has a really perfect drop.

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
StookMK5 said:
Sorry off-topic, but what wheels are you getting!? The cupkit sounds like it has a really perfect drop.

My budget for the wheels is less than $1300/set, thinking of getting ENKEI or OZ.

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
the apr chip there are so many options what should i get??? i have never had any experience with chipping cars??

Dude
I had 2 APR programs in my car, and definitely I was impressed about the programs. They just tune your original chip in the car, not really replacing. Took about 30 mins, bingo!!!
2 programs - APR tuned & Stock.
So I can switch the program and let my GF learn how to drive stick.
also a security lockout - switch back to stick and use code to do the lockout, so that the dealer won't able to know the car is tuned.
3rd program is the slow-down valet i think, so use this program when let someone drives your car.
4th one (I like to have this one sooner or later) is the 100 octane boost switch, thats why I'm shopping the racetrack in the midwest now.:thumbup:

cmcm

Drag Racing Champion
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
so the 4 program kit with security lockout is what i want right?

i only have the 1st 2 programs, up to you for the other 2.
(u need 100 octane boost if you race, u also need the valet if you goto club 3 times a week) just kidding.:thumbup: