GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 93> toyota yaris

krayzie089

Ready to race!
Had to take my car to the stealership today for warranty work, so i was forced to switch back to stock. This was my first time switching back to stock since i purchased my tune back in July. Wow! what a difference. Never realized how slow our cars are out of the factory, i mean six gear is a joke. Do any of you guys feel the same when you have to switch back to stock? Whats really funny is that im stuck driving a caliber, until i get my car back. I thought volkswagen would put me in a volkswagen until my car was repaired. Nope they sent me to enterprise, and i had to choose from either a kia rio, hyundai accent, or a wait for it Toyota yaris. Are you fucking kidding me, excuse my french. Thanfully a guy just dropped of a caliber before i made my decision, and i chose that. Anyways just thought id share that with u guys.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
is it really that much of a difference once you get chipped? I never though 20-30 hp gain is really that much of a difference. But really slow.. come on dude. I think our cars have plenty of punch from the factory. I remember when I first test drove my car and man I wanted to get back to the dealer to sign the papers. When I had my MkIV GTI with the 1.8T.. the 1.8T dosen't even come close touching the 2.0T. It's night and day between the two engines and 2.0T is an phenomenal engine and I hope to make this one last.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
nope... it's definitely slow as a snail when compared to even stg I.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
THAT big of a diff huh?

I wanna do something to mine for a little more kick, but I don't want to void the warranty, and I still have 2 years on the lease

cicatrizdare

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
Im on a lease and im chipped. when the lease is up just revert back and lock-it, end of story. its worth the 600 or so..believe me.

Seriouschris

<3's vaginas
Car(s)
Your mom
Yeah it's like a night and day difference from stock to stage 1, regardless of software writer. I'm using GIAC on my 09. I found a mod-friendly dealership to service my car out here and so far so good. Rest of the car is stock at the moment.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Im on a lease and im chipped. when the lease is up just revert back and lock-it, end of story. its worth the 600 or so..believe me.

please, nobody be a douche like this person. If you sell the car, just leave it. The new owner can just call APR and find out its flashed and they can remove your code if need be.

I never take mine out of 93octane, hell i know guys who dont even have a stock file to go back to lol. my dealership doesnt give 2 shits if im chipped or anything.

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
well, the +20/30 peak HP doesnt tell the whole story, as you get a TON more power down low in the rpm range where you spend a lot of time driving around town.
It feels like such a huge difference after youve gotten used to it.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
well, the +20/30 peak HP doesnt tell the whole story, as you get a TON more power down low in the rpm range where you spend a lot of time driving around town.
It feels like such a huge difference after youve gotten used to it.

Since you're in LA... Know of any mod friendly dealerships? I really want to at least get it chipped, especially if its reversible... Not sure when I will though

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
Since you're in LA... Know of any mod friendly dealerships? I really want to at least get it chipped, especially if its reversible... Not sure when I will though

I took mine to Downtown VW, put my APR chip back into stock mode, and didnt have any problems getting the Passat TSB done. They knew all about the issue, as well as the Mechatronics issue.
Haven't had to do any real warranty work that might be affected by the mods though. I think there was a thread on mod-friendly socal dealers either here or over at the 'tex. Do a search and I think it will tell you better than myself.

UberJAY

Go Kart Champion
is it really that much of a difference once you get chipped? I never though 20-30 hp gain is really that much of a difference. But really slow.. come on dude. I think our cars have plenty of punch from the factory. I remember when I first test drove my car and man I wanted to get back to the dealer to sign the papers. When I had my MkIV GTI with the 1.8T.. the 1.8T dosen't even come close touching the 2.0T. It's night and day between the two engines and 2.0T is an phenomenal engine and I hope to make this one last.

ahh..i remember those days..where i thought the same thing. our cars are stupid-slow stock.